Advice on a cheap CCTV recorder

A dvr costing 9k?

Why don't you post up the actual cost of the dvr ( and specifications) that I am assuming you are in the business of installing. :rolleyes:
As you've already highlighted - i did post up the cost of the DVR - and that was to us, not the customer!
Fusions!!

Post up the specifications then. :rolleyes:

OOh and the name of the manufacturer.
Ever heard of Google?

Well that was difficult to work out wasn't it - not.

FUSION

PS

Sorry, Fusion by Honeywell, if that helps a bit more

Sponsored Links
A dvr costing 9k?

Why don't you post up the actual cost of the dvr ( and specifications) that I am assuming you are in the business of installing. :rolleyes:
As you've already highlighted - i did post up the cost of the DVR - and that was to us, not the customer!
Fusions!!

Bored are we?
recommends cheap tat whilst showing his complete ignorance on the subject. You checked out that lot you recommended??

and in case your wondering, that price was each - and yes, we installed more than one.

A dvr costing 9k?

Fusions!!

Bored are we?
recommends cheap tat whilst showing his complete ignorance on the subject. You checked out that lot you recommended??

and in case your wondering, that price was each - and yes, we installed more than one.

Excellent.
Didn't recommend anything. Just posted up a link to a supplier.
The op mentioned cheap so I think my link fulfills that criteria. :LOL:

Excellent.

Hmmm, so you haven't checked them out then.

With a trading history and credit rating like they have, the OP may live to regret your 'advice'.

Sponsored Links
Excellent.

With a trading history and credit rating like they have, the OP may live to regret your 'advice'.

What advice?
Like I said I posted a link to a cheap supplier. :rolleyes:

Excellent.

What advice?
Like I said I posted a link to a cheap supplier. :rolleyes:
but no specific product eh?
Shame the Orange Hall didn't have it covering them.

With a trading history and credit rating like they have, the OP may live to regret your 'advice'.[/quote]

What advice?
Like I said I posted a link to a cheap supplier. :rolleyes:[/quote]

So the link you provide is to a company who does cheap recorders, as I put the question 'Advise on a cheap recorder' I expected somthing more positive. advising on a particular model number.

As you know I'm looking for exactly that, a cheap recorder.
Advise from a professional that knows the industry is valuable information :rolleyes:

If I wanted a cheap car I'm sure I could type cheap car into google :LOL: but I would not reccommend it with out looking at the site, then I would say this site ..... and this model number ...... and this should do what you need.

Sometimes its hard to get a simple answer :rolleyes:

What advice?
Like I said I posted a link to a cheap supplier. :rolleyes:[/quote]

So the link you provide is to a company who does cheap recorders, as I put the question 'Advise on a cheap recorder' I expected somthing more positive. advising on a particular model number.

As you know I'm looking for exactly that, a cheap recorder.
Advise from a professional that knows the industry is valuable information :rolleyes:

If I wanted a cheap car I'm sure I could type cheap car into google :LOL: but I would not reccommend it with out looking at the site, then I would say this site ..... and this model number ...... and this should do what you need.

Sometimes its hard to get a simple answer :rolleyes:[/quote]

It seems you're looking for advice from people who know. However, for the price you are willing to pay, most guys in the trade won't touch tat at that end of the market - with good reason. hence few will recommend it.

You have had a couple of recommendations. what more do you want?

It seems you're looking for advice from people who know. However, for the price you are willing to pay, most guys in the trade won't touch tat at that end of the market - with good reason. hence few will recommend it.

You have had a couple of recommendations. what more do you want?[/quote]

It would appear that I'm dealing with people who only buy Rolls Royce, most of us drive an every day car :LOL:

You dont have to spend £100K to get from A to B...

It would appear that I'm dealing with people who only buy Rolls Royce, most of us drive an every day car :LOL:

No, it would appear you don't want to spend any money - period.

For what you seem to want to pay, you don't like the advice. Just go waste your money on cheap tat and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.

No, it would appear you don't want to spend any money - period.

For what you seem to want to pay, you don't like the advice. Just go waste your money on cheap tat and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.

Surely if you know what you are talking about you could advise your personal reccomendation for a cheaper end recorder.

I'm a member of the Civic forum and when a ask a question like 'whats a good oil or what brake pads' they reply with postitive answers with examples, theres also answers to things like brake upgrades showing examples of what to use, these show specific items with prices at lower end to top end spec upgrades.
I would hope to get similar answers on here, you now know what I'm and other members are looking for i.e record etc and playback, simply as that. I'm not recording Area 51 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I realise theres alot out there but as I said I want a basic unit that does the job. Why coud you not clearly advised on some specific units that you would say work, not just a website!

I look forward to seeing your examples and no I'm not scared of spending money, I but gadgets as a passed time, recently purchased a 86" Screen and projector to play my Xbox 360 on....
;)

What more inf do you require?
Sent you a link to a reputable outlet - including relevant page.
Eneo, Techwin etc all will do the job.

Thank you for your advise, just a shame it took 3 pages and half of it bickering :LOL:

Is there a maximum length of cable that can be run?

As said 4 of us neighbours have cameras, now thinking I could run a cable to there house to plug in.

Thank you for your advise, just a shame it took 3 pages and half of it bickering :LOL:

Is there a maximum length of cable that can be run?

As said 4 of us neighbours have cameras, now thinking I could run a cable to there house to plug in.
cheaper to use cat5
Balun at each end for each cam and DVR connection, if lucky you could get away with one single run. That would be lucky though.

Playing devils advocate though, you could technically be in breach of DPA. Reason being, 3 cams would not be on property of the owner of the DVR.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back