Advice on buying private car number plates

Think I'll have W4NKR on my car....
Well PEN15 does exist ! I saw a motoring prog. once and there it was - the owner thought it was a good :ROFLMAO: and apparently owned it for years before selling plates was popular, and no one @ the local licence office had noticed ;)

Sponsored Links
Good Morning Folks

Thanks for your replies. Some traders seem to sell plates cheaper than DVLA. But do you think I should just buy from DVLA because it is a 'safe' option?

I am thinking of obtaining plates which have a few letter followed by a few numbers. I think they are Irish plates?

Where is the best place to get them from?

Thanks

I recall PEN 1S (or was it PEN 15S) was on a 7.5 tonne (?) parcels-type lorry in the Bristol area back in the 70s. Orange in colour IIRC.

I recently purchased a personalised registration, and including fees, number plates and everything else, the cost was only just over £300. It looks like a "standard" issue, so nothing to get too excited about, just that I know it's mine!

Sponsored Links
What's with these plates G / single digit/ 3 letters ? Is it an amateur radio call sign ?

Hi Folks

I contacted the DVLA and they apparently update their information on the 27th of every month. So, if you can't find a suitable plate for sale one particular month, then you have to wait until the 27th of the following month to look at the latest set of plates for sale. This would only give me 12 chances in the whole year to identify my desired plate (apart from the auctions).

Can anyone suggest how I can increase my chances? Shall I risk going to other dealers apart from DVLA?

Thanks

I recall PEN 1S (or was it PEN 15S) was on a 7.5 tonne (?) parcels-type lorry in the Bristol area back in the 70s. Orange in colour IIRC.

I recently purchased a personalised registration, and including fees, number plates and everything else, the cost was only just over £300. It looks like a "standard" issue, so nothing to get too excited about, just that I know it's mine!
Can't find either of those on the system now.

So many owners mess around with the character spacing &/or the fixings to achieve what, in their eyes, purports to be a personal plate .. whereas in doing so they are simply sending a clear message that they want a PP but can't afford it ;)

I would like a PP myself, but can think of better uses for thousands of £ for a proper one.

Sponsored Links
Back