advice on fitting magnaclean pls

worked out that the pipe diameter just below the pump is 28mm, so I'm going to order the Spirotech MB3 28mm as the video looks pretty straight forward to fit... It says on the installation video that that it must be installed with the arrow following the flow direction, am I correct in saying that where I'm going to install just below the pump that the flow direction would be pointing down towards the floor going back to the boiler in the kitchen downstairs ? OR is the flow coming out of the boiler which would then mean that the flow is going towards the pump I.E UP....

If anyone could pls help me out on the flow direction I'd be obliged

Sponsored Links
I'm going to install just below the pump that the flow direction would be pointing down towards the floor

Correct, that's how I'd expect it anyway (not ideal for the pump). I can see that this can be confirmed with the arrow on the auto-bypass valve (provided it has been installed the correct way round).

going back to the boiler in the kitchen downstairs ?

Pipework runs to radiators before returning to boiler.

James.

Cheers for confirming that the flow runs down from the pump, after doing some shopping it appears that the 22dia is a lot more common and cheaper than the 28mm diameter mb3 filter

If I was to get the 22mm mb3 and install in the same pipe below the Myson what's the worst that could happen ? Would the filter just not work ? Or not pick up as much or could potentially cause another problem within the heating system ?

Sponsored Links
How complicated do you want to make it?

Change a pump valve to 22mm, hoping that you don't disturb the seal on the other side of the pump and use a 22mm x 28mm reducer below the filter to try and save a few quid?

If I was doing what you suggest for a customer, your option would be more expensive in terms of labour and extra fittings that just installing a 28mm.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back