Magnaclean

sorry softus, do you mean in the garage or in the airing cupboard? (please excuse my ignorance here)

Sponsored Links
right! presume then the return is the pipe which runs cooler (or heats up last)? i suppose there will keep alot of the mess out of the house when cleaning. cheers for your advice, appreciated mate

Yes - the return will indeed be cooler than the flow. Check when the boiler has been off for a while (or force it to be off using its thermostat). As a double check, the flow connects to the heat exchanger at a high point, and the return connects at a low point.

BTW, if you make a mess when cleaning the Magnaclean then you're doing it wrong. :eek:

Sponsored Links
right, i am clear on that now! by the way do you think a powerflush is a diy job or not? i can hire a machine from my local travis perkins but got mixed reports on whether to give it a go. my thoughts on the magnacleam are that if i don't do a powerflush then it will take some of the crud out so is that a bad thing. i just can't really afford BG powerflush at 600 quid at the moment

by the way do you think a powerflush is a diy job or not?
No offence meant, but I suspect that it's a bit beyond your current capabilities.

my thoughts on the magnacleam are that if i don't do a powerflush then it will take some of the crud out so is that a bad thing.
I don't understand - please restate.

i just can't really afford BG powerflush at 600 quid at the moment
If you can't afford it, then don't have it done. ;)

By trying the cleanser first, you'll only lose the cost of it, plus your own time. If it doesn't work then you can still save up for the powerflush.

well i thought that a magnaclean will take some rubbish out, regardless of whether or not a powerflush is done (i realise in an ideal world you wopuld powerflush and add a magnaclean), in other words a magnaclean is not a bad thing under whatever circumstances.

have run a cleanser through and had a couple of rads off and flushed through as we were decorating anyway. seems to have improved rads slightly.

no, no offence taken mate, i appreciate a straight answer on the matter

By trying the cleanser first, you'll only lose the cost of it, plus your own time. If it doesn't work then you can still save up for the powerflush.

thats what i tell my customers if they cant afford my quotes. providing they have the nous to drain and fill a system properly.

Wot's that directly above the boiler? A room stat? Bit of an odd location?

Absolutely rivetting post........Plz send pics of the mag clean fitted .....lol

( The lining up of the valves on the MC would be good to watch)!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back