Advice on removing wall

I'm not sure yet. I need to speak to them and tell them where the calcs came from, I was at work when they came and my missus handed him the calcs without knowing where they came from.

£180 seems a bit cheap. I bought a 3.5mtr 203x102 beam and 2 440x215 padstones and that cost me £190 doing it myself. Mine was easier because the joists in the room to the right ran the opposite way to those in the room to the left.

Edit: that £190 had a second beam included, a 2mtr 203x102 that I never used.

Sponsored Links
ahh right i see, ill call the council tomorrow and ask, it was 770 to remove the wall and make good then if it needed a steel was 190 , i thought this was cheap, i might have a look and calculate the steel i need and price it up

If your missus frets, just make her stand under it while you bolt it up ;)

image.jpeg

ha ha nice , answering your previous question yes it will go into the first skin of the external wall but i was hoing to cut out the joists and insert wood and hang from that , your span is about the same as mine, how do you work out the loading on it ?

Sponsored Links
The online calculator.

I but in that it was supporting:

2.15mtrs of timber floor and plasterboard ceiling.
A 2.4mtr tall block wall.
A point load from a second RSJ in the loft.
A point load from a post under the purlin (which is only temporary but added it on anyway).

Then it gave me a list and I chose one closest to the size of my joists.

Although having said that, if I need an SE it was a waste of £30 for the online service. It's been in there fully loaded since June. Daft thing is, the wall we removed didn't quite touch the joists anyway!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back