Advice on Wall Fixing Brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry - not really sure where to post this question.
I'm after some advice about the type of brackets I should use for attaching a sheet of polycarbonate to a wall. The idea is try and make this as attrative as possible so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

The purpose of the polycarbonate sheet is to provide protection for a LCD TV so will sit in front of the wall mounted TV. The TV has a depth of around 20cm.
The TV is for a child's bedroom. The child is disabled and does have challenging behaviour hence the need to find some means of protecting the TV.

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
You could fit with aluminium flat profile bent to form a clip on section and clip to tv without mounting on wall.A strip of black self adhesive foam would ensure a snug fit.

Use Toggler plasterboard fixings if you can't find a stud. Put a stainless washer on the front, looks good and can stand someone pulling on it.

Sponsored Links
Just a suggestion :eek: If the polycarbonate was bigger than the tv screen the polycarbonate could be fitted held off the screen. If it's a solid wall perhaps stainless studding into resin?

Thanks for replies - the idea is to have the polycarbonate sheet attached to the wall and sitting in front of the screen. Unfortunately, attaching to the TV is not really an option as she could pull both sheet (when really upset) and take the TV as well off the wall.

I was thinking perhaps brackets like you get to support a shower screen might work.....

As a suggestion, why not fix some lengths of threaded stud into the wall (you could adapt some rawlbolts), feed a length of tubing (pipe, conduit, wardrobe rail, etc.) over the threads to the length you want the sheet away from the wall, then a washer, the sheet and a dome-headed nut. Use one each corner or you could also put in intermediate supports.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back