Advice on Wattage - New Ceiling Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I don't really trust Studs / Kids working at B&Q

so we are going to replace the light fitting with these below

Maximum bulb wattage42W

and was going to use these bulb which are 7.2W but equivalent to 60W

Am I correct that I can use these? as I was told by B&Q that these might be too strong as being 60W

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They will be fine, the lamps you are wanting to fit are 7.2W, ignore the equivelent to 60W bit, thats irrelevant and just means it has a similar light output to a 60W tungston lamp

Yes, you can use them, they are not 60W.

Just that the brightness is (said to be) equivalent to a 60W filament.

The links don't work but no matter.

Sponsored Links
The links don't work but no matter.

I think this forum hi-jacks links to a few of the more popular DIY places and plases them via some kind of afflicate link, so they get a kickback for sending folks there, and it seems its now broken, but still being added to links.

You have to right click and copy link, paste it into address bar and strip off everything before the https:// in the middle, then you go direct to the link thats being passed along as a string to some other site to in turn redirect you there

Cheers thanks good to know as often paste with link and pointless if you expert unable to get there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back