Advice please remove garage to access field at back of house??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone give me some help please as Council are simply too busy to answer.

We live in a detached house with a double garage attached to the side of the house. We own a field at the back of our property that can be accessed by foot only as the passageway is not wide enough for a vehicle. We were hoping to knock down one half of our garage in order we could drive through to our field. This would mean we would have to build a track in our back garden as we are very wet heavy clay. Would this be permissible? We do have a neighbour that is not very friendly to be honest and need to be sure we are allowed to do this otherwise he will go crazy at us.

Any guidance/advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Can you not just put another garage door on the back of your double garage?.
Good idea but I need to drive my horsebox through so won't work as garage height is lower. Thank you for thinking about it. Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It won't be subject to any planning regulation.
Hi Woody,

Thanks for your response. Are you saying I wont need any planning permission to do this? What about putting in a stone track to drive over in our back garden as it will get too wet in the winter? Thank you.

There are no planning restrictions regarding paving or creating a hard surface in a back garden.

There are no planning restrictions regarding paving or creating a hard surface in a back garden.
Thank you very much. You have put my min at ease. Can't wait to tell hubby when he gets home. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back