ADVICE - Qualifications to TEST house wiring ?

That's odd. Since the 15th, they have always followed a colour sequence AFAIR. ... The first copy of the 15th was red, the first 16th was red and the first 17th was red. ... The sequence is Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and Brown.
That's what I thought, so was also surprised, but ....

upload_2018-3-20_20-12-8.png

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Strange how the NIC is selling a book they don't believe in:
Well, they might not 'believe in it', but ...
NICEIC said:
This book is vital for all involved in the electrical industry, including designers, installers, and those involved in testing and inspection of electrical installations.
:)

Kind Regards, John

They're just jumping on the Profit Bandwagon. They know people will buy it, but what they have written goes directly against what an NIC bloke in the offices told me once.
He said they did not recognise the OSG at all, that all information was in the regs and the OSG was a waste of paper (both the book and the cash used to buy it)!

.... He said they did not recognise the OSG at all, that all information was in the regs and the OSG was a waste of paper (both the book and the cash used to buy it)!
I think there are a good few of us here (and elsewhere) who would agree with most of that!

As often discussed, one of the problems with the OSG is that it contains a lot of 'information' which is not in BS7671, but written in such a way that the unwary often come to think that it does relate to regulations (i.e. 'requirements') when it doesn't.

Kind Regards, John

The sequence is Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and Brown.
That sequence is still being followed, the difference is that both the 15th and 16th had the original (red) and four reprints to use all 5 colours, the 17th also started with red but has only two reprints (green, yellow) making the next one blue even though that is a different edition entirely.

They're just jumping on the Profit Bandwagon. They know people will buy it, but what they have written goes directly against what an NIC bloke in the offices told me once.
He said they did not recognise the OSG at all,
Did he mean they don't know what it looks like?

that all information was in the regs
Indeed it is.

Just as is all the information in these:

upload_2018-3-20_23-9-49.png
upload_2018-3-20_23-11-49.png

and the OSG was a waste of paper (both the book and the cash used to buy it)!
Strange that they should sell, and require supplicants to buy, something they feel like that about.

Surely they aren't more interested in their own profits rather than morality, decency, honesty etc?

I thought it had been established that the comments about the OSG actually originated from EFLI, not a "NIC bloke"?

I thought it had been established that the comments about the OSG actually originated from EFLI, not a "NIC bloke"?
No, both EFLI and the bloke I spoke to in the NIC offices said pretty much the same thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back