Advice -What budget bath and waste/overflow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I’m looking to renew a plastic/fibreglass standard bath 1700x700.

I’m noticing a LOT of new ones are of poor quality, some you can even see through them!!

I’ve seen a good reviews of the Selco Norton bath at 5mm thick. They sell a complete suite with it and it’s good reviews.
-https://www.selcobw.com/norton-acrylic-bath-1700-x-700mm

You then can pay £70 more for an online EBay bath at 6mm.

I DO NOT want a metal bath as it’s for a rental and I had two fitted before and they got chipped/damaged.

Once I have some replies on the bath I’ll continue with waste/overflow as I have a Flomasta one, it’s plastic, and to me poor quality.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
carron carronite baths you wont go wrong there.
waste .

Sponsored Links
carron carronite baths you wont go wrong there.
waste .
Discontinued and the one review it had was rubbish.

Also I’m not looking for a pop up waste.
Just a standard manual plug as there’s less to go wrong.

These seem to have a good review elsewhere.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
No way am I paying that for a standard 1700 acrylic bath!!!!
It's not a standard one, it's a good quality reinforced one which will last you for many years. If you want a cheap one, buy a cheap one and accept the quality will be crap. If you want a good quality one that will last, you need to be prepared to pay for it.

Last edited:
I would say avoid the sub £100 baths the sheds and onliners etc sell, around £2-300 should get you a decent bath. I am sceptical about sales pitch that talks of the high quality acrylic that feels warm to the skin. Ffs it’s the water that warms the skin.

Blup

It's not a standard one, it's a good quality reinforced one which will last you for many years. If you want a cheap one, buy a cheap one and accept the quality will be crap. If you want a good quality one that will last, you need to be prepared to pay for it.
I meant standard size not bath quality.
I’ve messaged a mate who does a lot of bathrooms and he has been fitting these for years with zero problems.
It’s 6mm compared to the 5mm Selco.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
5 year warranty vs 30 year warranty... But ok, go for that one if you're happy with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back