advise required

thanx for your interest.

i dont have a voltage tester, my wife has verified that my son just fitted the light bulb in his room and it didnt work, and lights that were on upstairs went off.

he wouldn mess with wiring, and when i checked the rose all connections were good and sound.

this event caused the fault, too remote to think a wire has suddenly decided to jump out of a connection somewhere else at this time

completely stumped

thanx

Sponsored Links
A wire will not have jumped out, but it is possible a high fault current has tried to pass through a bad joint, and blown the joint open circuit

thanx for the reply.

should i go around the upstairs rose connections to look for a bad joint that has gone open circuit?, is that were i should look?
Should i see some kind of witness marks on the joint?

should the fuse have blown first?

Uncle who is a spark is coming down tomorrow, but would like to check out as much as possible today.

thanx

Sponsored Links
thanx for the advise everyone.

yes it was a high fault current which found a bad neutral wire and made it open circuit. in loft above bathroom.

said offending wiring getting rewired tomorrow.

thanx again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back