Affixing end panel between dishwasher and range cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing an Ikea kitchen and am getting one of their custom ceramic worktops installed. I will be having my dishwasher and range cooker side by side, so they told me I need to install a cover panel between the two for additional support for the worktop. However this needs to be installed before they template the worktop. Am I right in saying that this is just affixed to the back wall and floor using L-brackets, or is there a better, more secure way of fixing it?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Presumably the dishwasher is a free standing model, rather than being built in with decor panels?
I usually fix a vertical timber lath to the wall, attach the panel to that with a layer of silicone where the panel touches the floor. I don't like L brackets, I’m afraid!
John :)

Hi @Burnerman (John), yes sorry forgot to mention the dishwasher is free standing, but integrated in Ikea terms (there's no base unit, it has its own feet but an Ikea door front).

Ah I see, that sounds a much better approach. I didn't like the idea of the L-brackets myself, they never seem too secure. Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
Most welcome, I hope you enjoy your new kitchen!
The silicone on the bottom of the edge of the panel has two functions - 1) It sticks the panel down 2) It prevents grot and more importantly water from attacking the panel base.
John :)

Good tip @foxhole, I’ll be sure to check before fixing.

Thanks, it’s been a long time coming. Cant wait to get it finally complete! We were planning to get it all sorted right before the lockdown came around. Been surrounded with boxes ever since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back