Afghan Cricket team.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's hard to believe that while British and American troops, along with others, are risking their lives and dying in Afghanistan,, the Afghan cricket team are in Dubai playing in the cricket 20/20. They should be at home, conscripted to the Afghan army, trying to secure the future of their country,,, shocking.

Sponsored Links
Not entirely sure I agree. Surely it makes sense to try to inculcate a semblance of normality going on. Also, giving the Afghan nation a sense of common pride must be good.

So, it may well be the case that this cricket team may have the effect of adding to the creation of peace.

The great Ali got a jail sentence and title took away from him for not enlisting by the yanks :mad: .

By the look of their team, their best off where they are, and believe me, Ive watched them in 'action'.

Sponsored Links
It's hard to believe that while British and American troops, along with others, are risking their lives and dying in Afghanistan,, the Afghan cricket team are in Dubai playing in the cricket 20/20. They should be at home, conscripted to the Afghan army, trying to secure the future of their country,,, shocking.

Why ?,they never asked for THEIR country to be invaded and who is to say they agree with the forces and what they are trying to achieve ?. using your logic should`nt you be conscripted and sent to afghanistan to help the british troops ? (EX FORCES MYSELF)

Maybe they are worried they'll get their 'bails' whipped off by an IED?

Why ?,they never asked for THEIR country to be invaded and who is to say they agree with the forces and what they are trying to achieve ?. using your logic should`nt you be conscripted and sent to afghanistan to help the british troops ? (EX FORCES MYSELF)
Excellent point. A lot of people don't realise that we are supporting is basically an invasion of another country.
Under the premise that it's for our own wellbeing.

Sadly sons and daughter's are dying for this.

Back