After patch in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of ceiling areas that I have patched with new plasterboard and plan to cover in Artex to match the rest of the ceiling. Don't ask. I didn't really put my foot through from above, much :) The other is where I've removed a partiton wall.

Do the joints need to be taped or is Artex flexible enough to not need it, unlike plaster?

20220202_163943.jpg
20220202_163925.jpg

Sponsored Links
yes paper tape. you’ll need to take the sorrounding area back a bit first so everything you do doesn’t sit proud.

Sponsored Links
Re-board the whole ceiling and replaster to a flat finish.

Andy

100% re_board.
If you tape and patch that up, it'll stick out like a sore thumb.
Another thing, older artex may contain asbestos, so if you "scrape" it back, you don't know what you may be breathing in.
Re-board, tape and re-plaster, job done.

100% re_board.
Another thing, older artex may contain asbestos, so if you "scrape" it back, you don't know what you may be breathing in.
This may be but, sledgehammer to crack a nut springs to mind :-/

I'm not in the business of sponsoring plasterers' lifestyles, merely trying to keep costs down with doing a repair.
Thanks anyway of course for the help.

100% re_board.
bit late to be worrying about that given the situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back