After some help with traveling into london by train

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a little help or advice really, I'm traveling to London on Friday to renew my passport as i need it for the following Monday.

Right i live just outside Portsmouth need to drive my car up to just outside of London as on the way back in need to go to my head office to pickup travel documents, which is in Thames Ditton. Does anyone know what train station i can go to that's outside the congestion charge zone but will take me straight to Victoria station? if there is one, or does anyone know the quickest route in. i need to be there for 8am.

Oh also a station if possible with parking????

any help would be really great full as I'm not the biggest fan of public transport lol

Sponsored Links
i usually park around kew gardens area and catch the district line tube from kew gardens station you can't park in the immediate streets but a few out from there you can.

i will be there tomorrow so will try to get you a few street names that are free parking.

pourtsmouth to london cheap day return
change at clapham jctn for victoria

on the way back clapham jcn for surbiton 2mls from t/ditton 5 mins in a train
surbiton to woking for the portsmouth train £27 cheap day return!!

pompy victoria around 1h 50

Sponsored Links
Train goes from Thames Ditton every thirty mins (half past and on the hour roughly) to London Bridge you could change at Clapham as per previous post if you wanted to park at office

If you can get to East Croydon there's regular fast trains to Victoria and London Bridge, 20 mins tops. You'll have to park in a multi-storey car park though.

There's a big car-park at Raynes park (Waterloo line) which is also a spit from the A3 if you're hell-bent on driving. Change at Clapham, as above, for Victoria.
Raynes Park is also on the Thames Ditton line.

As promised.

all the road round kew are now permit parking between 10am and Noon
except Kew Road (east side of kew botanical gardens) this is restricted until 10am but fills almost immediately

sorry its late but i didn't get home until 9pm first it was Twickenham Rubgy (oxford V cambridge) so i took a detour to get on A3 only to get stuck in the chaos of a bomb scare in Kingston :cry:

regards kev

renew it online?>

would do but i need it for next week.

anyway its been a long morning, got out my pit at half 4, got the first train from thames ditton to clapham junction at half 6, then into victoria got there with loads of time to spare. have just got back home.

Thanks for all your help tho guys

oh and on the way back i saw Dominic littlewood at clapham junction ( from the one show ) :p

Sponsored Links
Back