Ah Ignorance of the law is a defence !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably know more than some of the new doctors know --despite their Mega salary (and perks- as stated). :evil:
Follow your beliefs-.

Sponsored Links
It's God, or Nature, or Genetic Programming, that makes young people fall in love, have sex, and have lots of babies.

Not vaccines.

Preventing your daughter from wearing a seat belt won't prevent her being in a car crash.

I understand your point and I could probably agree with your ethics on the basis that there is no point trying to educate them therefore we will treat all people right or wrong as if they are hoplelessly irresponsible and guaranteed to mess up.

So we give the vaccines of limited value to everyone just to protect the few idiots or irresponsible?

I still believe in nurturing children and I never abdicated my responsibility as a parent in the interest of an easy life for myself.

My daughter will be happy when she grows up and so will I. she goes to a nice catholic school and is in the top sets for her subjects. I am allowing her some responsibility on this issue.

You also need to stop the assumtion that getting a HPV virus is a death sentence. 90% of HPV virii clear up on there own without intervention and the others if caught by regular screening are 95% treatable so we are looking at a really small grouping of potential killers which can be avoided by lifestyle choices like having fewer sexual partners and using condoms.

Are you and is everyone else taking a stand for immunisation purely because you dont like condoms.

Is that a selfish male view?

Using your seat belt reference...
You can wear all the seat belts you like but you will still die if your lifestyle choice is to drive off the end of a cliff.

So we give the vaccines of limited value to everyone just to protect the few idiots or irresponsible?

Are you under the mistaken impression that only a few idiots or irresponsible people get HPV?

she goes to a nice catholic school and is in the top sets for her subjects.

Are you under the mistaken impression that bright girls who go to catholic schools don't have much sex?

can be avoided by lifestyle choices like having fewer sexual partners

How many sexual partners do you think you need to pick up HPV?

As much as I admire your principles- I feel that some sort of obsession is creeping in here and I now feel uncomfortable with this subject .
What does your daughter feel about it ? has she any 'say' at all ?.

Sponsored Links
I am not deciding NOT to give my daughter the HPV vaccination. I am deciding WHEN.

I did decide NOT to let her have the CEVIRAX promoted at school because i had doubts about its ability compared to Gardasil.

However I didn't believe 13 was the right age as its longevity is only mooted at 4 years so i made the decision to hold fire so that

A. The associated deaths and side effects related to gardasil could be better known and

B. So that if she did have it she would have a useful amount of protection from it.

I am simply for a common sense approach.

I still however believe its efficiency is wildly overstated.

As much as I admire your principles- I feel that some sort of obsession is creeping in here and I now feel uncomfortable with this subject .
What does your daughter feel about it ? has she any 'say' at all ?.
Yep was all discussed with my daughter. She wasn;t happy feeling somehow her friends were benefitting and she wasn't but now that the Cervirax has been superceded all her friends will be minus their boosters and have in effect had the original vaccine for nothing. Wether they can instead switch to gardasil after having cevirax I do not know...

more to consider . . http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/d31e3764-da5a-11e1-b03b-00144feab49a.html#axzz2JOYO2bS2

It's God, or Nature, or Genetic Programming, that makes young people fall in love, have sex, and have lots of babies.

Not vaccines.

Preventing your daughter from wearing a seat belt won't prevent her being in a car crash.

I understand your point and I could probably agree with your ethics on the basis that there is no point trying to educate them therefore we will treat all people right or wrong as if they are hoplelessly irresponsible and guaranteed to mess up.

I still believe in nurturing children and I never abdicated my responsibility as a parent in the interest of an easy life for myself.

My daughter will be happy when she grows up and so will I. she goes to a nice catholic school and is in the top sets for her subjects. I am allowing her some responsibility on this issue.

You also need to stop the assumtion that getting a HPV virus is a death sentence. 90% of HPV virii clear up on there own without intervention and the others if caught by regular screening are 95% treatable so we are looking at a really small grouping of potential killers which can be avoided by lifestyle choices like having fewer sexual partners and using condoms.

Are you and is everyone else taking a stand for immunisation purely because you dont like condoms.

Is that a selfish male view?

Using your seat belt reference...
You can wear all the seat belts you like but you will still die if your lifestyle choice is to drive off the end of a cliff.

Well thats a relief that your daughter goes to a catholic school, not much chance of her getting pregnant or catching a sexually transmitted desiese there as all the males from the pope down are "shirt lifters" however good your daughter is or you think she is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Whitear

Don't ever think it can't happen to you!!!

Religion is such a dreadful illness. shame we cannot vaccinate children against it especially when parents think it right to infect them

Religion is such a dreadful illness. shame we cannot vaccinate children against it especially when parents think it right to infect them

You are such a stereotypical wagon jumper. You love beating drums because you think it's how you should behave. Try free thinking once in a while there is a whole world that opens up if you do.

I am not religious at all. In fact I despise religion as a tool for political indoctrination.

I just think it's p*ss funny hilarious that everyone was up in arms because some 14 year old girl had sex with an 18 year old man and yet the irony is whenever someone suggests abstaining or using condoms all of a sudden the whole argument turns round to

If 14 year old girls want to have sex 'who are we to stop them in fact lets make it easier for them , contraception yeah no probs , vaccinations yeah no probs..?'.

This is why democracy will never work. The views of the lowest common denominator win through to the detriment to everyone else.

of course popping pills is easy isn't it... the pill - HPV vaccine - MORNING AFTER PILL etc etc
so much easier than nurturing children properly isn't it... the modern lazy way that generates millions for drug companies.

You wouldn't have been here had your day old life been snuffed by a morning after pill . . . maybe there is something in this pill idea after all?

The point you have missed is that the judge found the defendant guilty but listened to the defence statements about the girl being culpable too in fact encouraging.

I'm sure she would have been had she had the pill form her doc and the jab from her school . .no worries eh? Party on..

How can we act 'shocked' when our poor 'children' have had sex when we are arming them with contraceptives.

Are they children or not?

Ah, the foolish idea that vaccination causes sex, and sex is bad, therefore vaccination is bad.

The point of that post went straight over my head... :rolleyes:

Did you click on the link??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Whitear

I'm sure Rachels mother thought her daughter was sensible and safe also, i think although your intentions are good, there are flaws in the way you are thinking, i reckon you to be one of those parents who think their little darlings will never try any sort of drugs??

Ah, the foolish idea that vaccination causes sex, and sex is bad, therefore vaccination is bad.

Except that's not what he is saying, very clearly not saying, only the first post on the subject was misleading.

You people are trying to hard.

JohnD said:

Isn't that just a variation on the other old chestnut: Information causes sex, and sex is bad, therefore information is bad. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Note also the implicit assumption that sex is bad then, just out of interest, ask yourself the last time you heard a politician, or anyone else with the public ear, state the opposite. :( :( :(

But AronSearle is right; that's not what mdf290 is trying to say.

mdf290 said:
If 14 year old girls want to have sex 'who are we to stop them in fact lets make it easier for them , contraception yeah no probs , vaccinations yeah no probs..?'.

See my earlier post. Sex is about the only subject I can think of where it pays to start in the advanced class and save the basics for later. It's time the three Rs of sex were properly taught in our schools.

and also said:
This is why democracy will never work. The views of the lowest common denominator win through to the detriment to everyone else.

Are you saying what I think you're saying? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't remember who said this:

Democracy is just about the worst way of running a country - except for every other method that's been tried.

But history has shown it to be true. If the views of the 'lowest common denominator' are to be discounted, who will choose those whose votes wont count? And whose views will prevail? That's a dangerous road to go down. :!: :!: :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back