air power for motor vehicles the way forward

Slogger said:
compressed air will be the way to go for the future needs of our transport system

I doubt that mate, as technology advances it will be electric motors that power us in the future. The only thing holding them back at this time is battery capacity versus cost. The most efficient batteries do not always hold the charge density required and those that do are so insanely expensive as to be economically unsound, but I can see some major breakthoughs in battery construction in the next 10 to 20 years that will have a major impact on this field.

Slogger said:
its a crying shame we havent done this already in the uk as some are dead set on fuel cell cars purely so we will go to garages to fill up

Fuel cell cars run on water Slogger, no need to go to a garage at all.

Sponsored Links

Er, no they don't - unless you mean heavy water but that's a different kind of fuel cell and it's a long way off. Fuel cells typically run on hydrogen and the exhaust is water.

felix said:

Er, no they don't - unless you mean heavy water but that's a different kind of fuel cell and it's a long way off. Fuel cells typically run on hydrogen and the exhaust is water.

And where does the Hydrogen come from Felix....WATER. good old H2O

There are buses in California and other vehicles around the world that are powered by Hydrogen liberated from water using electrolysis, the two are then recombined and water is released and also fed back into the tank, although the process if very inefficient (water recovery that is).

I agree that for this to power domestic cars we need a massive advancement, but in the next 2 decades this will happen.

Sponsored Links
fuel cells are just another way to make you go to the garage to fill up

electric or compressed air would be the most unregulated way to use a vehicle hence the powers that be will hammer us with stealth taxes UNLESS we all get together as one voice the MOTORIST we are massive

the aa and rac and a joke we need a militant voice to speak for us on the lines of errrr

1 pay for you petrol or diesel but only pay the amount the oil companies make give your name and addres for the taxman to request the rest

2 boycott certain garages just out of spite to teach them they should have been on our side after all

3 enjoy the cheaper cost of petrol as they cant prosecute us all and if the lost revenu means no cash to fund REFUGEES then so be it

CHAOS is a good thing at times is it time for chaos i think it isnt far away
or is it anarchy either way we are overdue

As sea levels are reported to be rising one solution would be to power cars from sea water, this will reduce the levels over time.

What goes around comes around ...
Bu##er !! Our exhausts will deliver someone else's clouds and rain ... At least we would be left with some salt... To rub in the wounds? After HMG have charged a tax on the water imported into the deserts of Southern England to compensate for the loss of oil revenue.
:D :D :D

yee haaa maaaa

$ 1.50 in the states ? how and why

answers on a postcard to

10 downing street etc

Yes, you asked i answered, just didn't use a postcard :)

Sponsored Links
Back