Air to air Heat Pump Suggestions for 5x3 conservatory

If only car A/C units did not leak.

Latest car that I bought has a non functioning A/C and I have not seen any cheap recharge offers lately but I suppose it is the wrong time of year! Last car I took in the Midlands was only £32.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately car aircon systems are made out of components with the same integrety as cheese... Long gone are the days where condensers and evaporators are made of copper and the pipework either steel or copper with 2kg of R12 inside..Though if you do have a really nice classic car, then R12 can still be found....But don't tell the ementalviralists..

The current trend is towards the use of Hydrocarbon refrigerants in cars despite our protests, though the last time I visited the local Ford garage,they seemed to have returned to R134a

All new cars cant have r134a. Old cars still can but as of last year car manufacturers had to move away from it.

Sponsored Links
All new cars cant have r134a. Old cars still can but as of last year car manufacturers had to move away from it.
Indeed hfo1234yf is mandatory, however the two cars in the showroom that I had a look at still had R134a service ports... Hfo1234yf ports are different.... Perhaps they are new old stock. I did comment on this to the service guy and he claimed that ford had problems with the new fridge juice.. it could be just BS. I do know that some manufacturers had fought the change due to the dangers of flamability and dangerous fumes produced when it burns, the EU have deemed it safe. some Mercedes vehicles may use carbon dioxide as a refrigerant... If the tree huggers could see what refrigerants I have in my workshop, I'd be clapped in irons.. I bought a tonne of r12 cheap just as it was banned but it is nearly all gone now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back