Airgun advice?

Sponsored Links
I use a crossman ratcatcher which is co2 cartridge. 22, scoped and silenced, pellets through the same hole at 25 yards. Not too expensive and nice and light.

Sponsored Links
sparkymarka, your rifle and second hand cost, it all depend, on overall condition ? a bit like veteran cars??

d000hg, you may be able to pick up a serviceable rifle from one of the trading on-line sites ? but test it out before parting with cash?

As for a "Rat Catcher" there is an on-going cost, that being the CO2 cartridges unlike a springer that just goes on, also a cost with the Pre-Charged Pneumatic s, in this case the rifle has to be filled with air to 200 BAR [ Yes I know that is high -- a car Tyre is set at [generally] less than 2 BAR] the cost of a fill varies but is about £ 7 / £ 8 which will allow for [depending on the model] 70 / 120 shots.

Ken.

This is it
AAE4CBB7-0A96-4865-8BF8-62CE940E9FE1.jpeg

My favourite was my weirauch hw77k: telescopic sights, silenced, and tuned by Venom.
.177, h & n field target trophy pellets (as Ken already said, .177 has a flatter trajectory). But it's more susceptible to wind deflection, I think.
More than powerful and accurate enough for killing rats at 30, 40 yds.

Spent many a happy hour shooting targets at long range, in my youth, great memories.

Underlever cocking as well, so no worry about "barrel slap" when the mechanism wears.

I sometimes consider buying another one, but haven't the time to use it at the moment.

That was my last air rifle before I got rid because of the sprogs. Bloody heavy though. I liked the way the chrome loading thing slid back to allow you to load the pellet.

I always thought, while loading the pellet, that the action could easily take my finger off.

Beautiful engineering though.

That was my last air rifle before I got rid because of the sprogs. Bloody heavy though. I liked the way the chrome loading thing slid back to allow you to load the pellet.

As I was leaving for university, I swapped mine for a jvc ghetto blaster (which I still have, and use in the garage, regularly).
And I still regret swapping it.

To be honest, given my lofty first year flat in halls of residence, I could have reenacted the jfk shooting from the bookstore repository:mrgreen:

I quite fancy one of these - they look amazing

If a pack of 50 rounds of .22 Cal small bore [one of the better makes] costs £ 9.50 wonder how much a few seconds burst must cost in Ammo from any of the above

Last time I shot one, a so called "full bore" 7.62.mm [Military] or sporting 0.308 [both same caliber] I shot the latter, was very close to £ 1.00 / Bang, the bank was very, very loud, whoever did the hand load filled it FULL!!

Sponsored Links
Back