airline passengers own fault...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was watching "airline USA" and there were 2 passengers missing from a flight to vegas.. it left exactly on time and they had been booked in for hours already so they were in the airport..
they turned up 4 mins late and complained like hell that the flight had left without them..

this really chaps my ass...
they were there for about 3 hours but couldn't get to the gate on time?
reason?
they stopped on the way to the gate to get some fruit salad to eat on the plane because "all you get on the plane is peanuts.."

so knowing that they were cutting it close, they stopped for food and assumed that the plane wouldn't leave without them, then they complained that it had...!!! :rolleyes:

I have sympathies for people who are late through no fault of their own ( connecting flights late arriving, major pile up on a motorway etc.. ) but these people that leave it to the last minute and moan when they don't get the world stopped for them so they can get on really gets my goat..

Sponsored Links
Chances are that they would have been called for by name several times anyway, but still decided that their stomachs should take priority.

Normally they called for you over the intercom don't they? Then more time is wasted when they got to get the suitcase/luggage out of the plane which must be a headache to find!

Edit: didn't see above post!

On board a chav flight, returning from Ibiza to Newcastle last summer.....female chav says to the hostess 'will ye hang on a bit - there's lots of wuh' :D
John :)

Sponsored Links
Anyone who delays a flight in that way, should be heavily fined, or be put on the no flight list, they would only do it once.

Wotan

they should just be stricter and ruder to the customers at the check in..

"check in closes 2 hours before flight, not here? tough.. you were told to be early, it's not OUR fault that you're too stupid to get here early for a flight.."..

I have almost been a victim of this twice!! First time was some years back when the World Cup was on. Waiting in the departure lounge at East Mids in the bar. England V ?? on the TV when customers asked for the announcements to be turned off in the bar, which the airport authority did. I kept an eye on the dep boards and about half hour before our flight was due to leave, went to the toilet only to hear our names being called over the tannoy. Flight had been called early, dep boards not updated and tannoy in bar still turned off.

Second time was coming back from Ibiza. The check in attendant was exceedingly slow. Took her 15 mins to check 3 people on to the flight. We were checked on to the flight with around ten mins to spare and there must have been at least 50 people behind us. Needless to say, the flight got delayed for almost an hour due to the incompetence of the check in peeps.

Yup, no sympathy for that sort of thing.

I held up a BA flight once. I checked in on time, got to the gate on time, got on the plane on time but was last passenger on. I had nothing but a rucksack, but it was a business flight full of people who had brought the largest size of hand-luggage cases, so the overhead lockers were all full, as were the crew lockers.

Because of some recent scare, they wouldn't let me have it under the seat or my legs, so they opened up the hold just for my one piddling rucksack! Oh how I felt the hatred of the other passengers burning through the back of my headrest, but I was glad when we pushed back just 20 minutes late and trundled towards the runway.

Halfway round the taxiway the plane pulled off to a siding. The captain came on the tannoy and announced "Unfortunately we have received a message that one of the baggage handlers has left his mobile phone in the hold, so we will need to wait for them to come and retrieve it."

That took another 20 minutes as they had to wait for clearance to drive across the taxiway with a scissor lift... By the time we got another slot we were nearly an hour late! :eek:

This was Charles de Gaulle to Heathrow, so the delay was longer than the flight itself. :LOL:

I was watching Airline the other night - and I have to wonder if Easyjet think that the programme is showing them in a good light or not. I realise that the staff probably get more than their fair share of flack but sometimes they just seem to be downright rude and obstructive.

There was a woman booked on a flight from Luton to Inverness with her twin babies. She gets to the check in and gets told that she can't take two babies on the flight on her own as the baby needs to sit on an adults knee. She asks if another passenger is willing to take one of the babies would that be OK. No she was told. Then they said to her that as long as "they didn't know" she could ask another passenger. She gets it sorted then they tell her that they've changed their mind.

It begs the question - why did they accept her booking in the first place when she was one adult with two babies?

She ended up having to get the train and didn't get to Inverness till 3am on Christmas morning - with two little babies!

I've also seen people standing in the check in queue for ages and then get told they're late - I would be well ****ed off if I'd stood in a queue for half an hour and the staff's slowness got me late and refused to fly.

Just as well I don't go anywhere by plane (don't like flying - if we were meant to fly, we'd have wings!)

I realise that the staff probably get more than their fair share of flack but sometimes they just seem to be downright rude and obstructive.

I find the old adage involving stripey insects and the efficacy of jam vs vinegar usually applies. :D

In my experience, if you are civil and calm, and they are certain you aren't blaming them for anything, and you ensure they know you are grateful for their help, the staff will do what they can. Unfortunately, sometimes there's nothing they can do, but it's not worth having an embolism because of it.

Being the 100th passenger that day who shouts "My plane left before I got here, now what are YOU going to do about it?" whilst the veins on one's forehead throb away is unlikely to go down well! :LOL:

They stopped on the way to the gate to get some fruit salad to eat on the plane
Don't you mean 16 hamburgers, 12 sides of fries, a stack of onion rings and 2 buckets of fat coke?

MW

I saw that one allison..

all she had to do was talk someone into doing it then say to the check in girl "I didn't realise my cousin was booked on the flight as well.. "

you can see the airlines point of view though.. in a desperate bid to board the plane the woman was willing to let a complete stranger look after one of her babies for the duration of the flight...?

do you have to inform the airline if you're traveling with an infant? they don't charge for them so do they have a ticket?

I saw that one allison..

all she had to do was talk someone into doing it then say to the check in girl "I didn't realise my cousin was booked on the flight as well.. "

you can see the airlines point of view though.. in a desperate bid to board the plane the woman was willing to let a complete stranger look after one of her babies for the duration of the flight...?

do you have to inform the airline if you're traveling with an infant? they don't charge for them so do they have a ticket?

I believe you do have to inform them - I'm trying to remember when my friend's kids were little - she goes home to Ireland a lot and she always advised them that she had children with her - I'm pretty certain it's on the booking form.

Was watching it again tonight and there was a woman who was trying to get home to see her sick mother. Her baby was 13 days old and she had told them how old he was when she phoned to book her ticket. They said that was fine. She told them at the check in how old he was and that was fine. She got on the plane and the cabin crew discovered that he was 6 HOURS too young to be on a plane so they wouldn't let her fly!!!!!!! They admitted their mistake and eventually offered her a taxi from Luton to Glasgow but it was too far a distance to go by car - she flew with another airline.

I have no sympathy for people that can't get on their flight because of their own lateness or mistake but when the error is down to the airline, they should be making exceptions. Easyjet sound like complete tosspots!

all children should go as bagage, placed in cages and put in the hold :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back