alarm call for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS

You used the word "enforced" without giving a source.

It is not in the full text you pasted from one of hundreds of sites.

What do you intend to convey by the word?

Sponsored Links
FFS

You used the word "enforced" without giving a source.

It is not in the full text you pasted from one of hundreds of sites.

What do you intend to convey by the word?
As you suggest that you know where the quote came from, please do have the decency to post the link.

I'm sure there are people out there who would like to have a read.

There are lots of other words in what I posted, happy with them are you?

I would also be grateful if you would refrain from the veiled abuse contained within the first three letters of your post, it's so childish.

I most certainly do not suggest I know where you found the text you used. As you posted it, with no attribution, you gave the impression you had composed it yourself.

You used the word "enforced" and I have been attempting to get you to say what that is supposed to mean.

You have consistently refused to say.

I notice you did not include the word in the later text that you posted.

As you have chosen to ignore my comment about the 'three letter' veiled abuse at the top of the page.

I thought I'd have the courtesy to tell you that I have no wish to exchange any sort of further communication with you and that I have reported the said abuse to the site Mods.

Sponsored Links
so we'll never know why you posted the word "enforced" or what you intended to mean by it.

It doesn't make sense, because any householder is entitled to fit a Grade 1 alarm to his home if he so desires, nobody will force him to remove it, and nobody will force him to fit a higher grade of alarm.

If all he can afford is a low-cost, simple, DIY installation, then he has every right to fit one.

Goodbye.

Enforced ?

Some building insurers "enforce" the type of intruder alarm to be used, they see the risk of a break in being concealed by arson as significant enough to consider a break in as a risk to the building as well as contents. Therefor they will not accept a DIY or wireless linked system.

Of course one does not have to have buildings insurance if one does not have a mortgage.

I thought you'd promised to stop speaking to me? :cry:

Are you saying that when you posted "enforced" you meant "accepted by insurance companies if they require a higher grade of alarm?"

You could have explained what you meant far earlier.

then you are guessing what he meant? Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong.

But it doesn't make sense because "enforced" does not mean the same as "accepted"

Enforced ?

Some building insurers "enforce" the type of intruder alarm to be used, they see the risk of a break in being concealed by arson as significant enough to consider a break in as a risk to the building as well as contents. Therefor they will not accept a DIY or wireless linked system.

Of course one does not have to have buildings insurance if one does not have a mortgage.
we'd tried clarifying that point earlier, but some conveniently overlooked it.

Do you know what he meant by "enforced" then, or are you guessing too?

It doesn't make sense because "enforced" does not mean the same as "accepted"

It also doesn't make sense because for anyone who has not been asked to install a grade 2 or higher system, there is no need for acceptance either.

The insurance companies force the owner to use an accepted alarm as a condition of the insurance. Hence they are enforcing use of an accepted alarm system.

No. Under some circumstances an insurer might tell the policyholder that they will only provide cover subject to (certain conditions). The policyholder may choose to accept these conditions.

Most often, they do not make an intruder alarm a condition of cover for ordinary household policies at all, so the question of acceptance does not arise, and there is certainly no enforcement. In these circumstances it is nobody's business except the householder's if he chooses to fit a DIY alarm.

However, you are only guessing what he meant by the use of the word "enforced" in his post, so you aren't really in a position to say. He certainly did not mention insurer's conditions.

Grade
G1. Low risk:
Not likely to be enforced in the UK as it covers DIY-style bells-only systems
can you see anything about insurance there?

Some people have to have a mortgage to be able to still "own" their house.

No buildings insurance means the mortgage can be recalled / cancelled or have an insurance policy attached to it by the mortgage company. The house "owner" pays the premiums or they are added to the capital amount of the mortgage.

• Thanks
Reactions: dpt
yes, it's interesting that he used the word "enforced" but won't say what he meant by it, so people are trying to guess. Some of the guesses are getting quite convoluted.

Another guess it that he copied and pasted the text (but under his own name, without saying it was a quote) and is embarrassed at the poor wording he posted that doesn't make sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back