Alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help my alarm isn’t accepting engineers code anymore but its correct number.
Also I have 2 bell boxes on each side of house the one has a red light and the other has flashing green

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the default engineer code ?
Make and model of bell box might help.
Put one in the middle with Amber light and you will have a traffic light(sorry)

Yes I’ve never changed code mate it’s still P9999 but when I press the P and last 9 it’s an error tone.
Accenta G4 mini and the keypads 8EP416

Sponsored Links
What wires did you short together.
You could try a total power down mains and battery then turn back on.
Does the alarm set and unset.
Did any fuses blow.

I did a power down and battery disconnect and it turned out spanner light from when sensor wires touched.No fuses blown. When put in user code to set it carries on bleeping as it does usually but then when it normally changes tone and sets it just carry’s on bleeping with zone 5 lit up which is strange because room 5 sensor hasn’t been touched

Thanks for advice everyone…….today I did a factory reset and it all work fine now as it did before (apart from a red light flashing on one of two of the bell boxes)

I’d only tested a couple of zones just done a check after your reply and zone 5 pir isnt lighting up……….when said it was working fine it was setting and unsetting fine and front and back door zones were picking up on entry and exit…….I assume that the reason for red light then….what could be reason for zone 5 not working? I’ve schecked wires in pir and they’re all ok and no spiders or insects in there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back