Alarm sounds inside only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have moved into new house and have code but when we tested it the alsam only went off inside as oppose to outside. Any ideas? its an ADEMCO. thanks

Sponsored Links
How did you test?
Got any model numbers or picture of the keypad?
And who fitted it, any names?

Did you test it by letting the entry timer expire? Most systems will not sound the external sounder if the entry timer expires. Try setting the alarm leaving someone inside the property to walk around (after telling them to stand still out of site during the exit timer.

Sponsored Links
Most systems will not sound the external sounder if the entry timer expires.
Whoops ;)

Although worded extremely badly and factually incorrect, that statements not 100% false. Some systems will sound internally for a period after entry time runs out and will only sound outside after both entry time and this internal alarm noise time have run out.

Although you dont say what Ademco panel it is, it's possible that the system is setup to sound only internally when part/night set. Would be helpful if OP could help identify his panel or could check his user manual (cough) and do a bell test to see if external siren is working or not.

Bit more info Sue?

Your getting mixed up with dual ply entry on DD243/4 - PD6662 regulations which I wont go into here now. But it does not include what you mention concerning external sounders.

Your mention of part set is possibly correct. Why I asked "How was it tested?".
Also just from the keypad it could be one or two Ademco panels, hence a picture or model number asked.

Your getting mixed up with dual ply entry on DD243/4 - PD6662 regulations which I wont go into here now. But it does not include what you mention concerning external sounders.

I'm really not getting mixed up at all, Accord, Xpc, Infra and some Vista's (afaik all made by Ademco and way before DD243) all have the 'Supplementary Entry' option which does exactly what I said above, gives 30 seconds of internal sounder noise after which the external siren goes. Although this option is defaulted as OFF, it's possible for the original "Most systems will not sound the external sounder if the entry timer expires. " mistake.

Anyhooo... Still say more info needed.

Ahh modern Bell delay, thats used once in 3000000000 times. TBH never saw that on the Ademco`s . (Under Honeywells wing now)

Down to the OP now really.

Older Menvier panels out the box would only sound internals if the entry time was exceeded.

This is what I based my post on!

Wonderful, but its an Ademco we are on about.
And since when was a old Menvier "most" ?

Did I not bow down to you? I am sorry. I did say what I (in error) based my post on, after missing the model of alarm in the OP, but did not give you the seemingly required attention you so crave. For that I appologise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back