Alarm Strobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to replace the strobe within alarm boxes easily?
If I stand next to it and run a test with the veritas R8 keypad, within the external box I can hear the electricity trying to flash the strobe but there's no light.
I have no idea what sort of alarm box it is, has no brand or anything written on it. Its white, blue plastic bottom housing the strobe and 2 green flashing lights.
I've googled it as best I can but apparantly these lights don't go often?!

Sponsored Links
Best to get a whole new box. Take a picky and we can tell you the make (probably).

I've just seen an Odessey Sounder today. They're great & as you have a Veritas CP, it'll be a doddle to fit. The place I saw them for sale they were £20 + VAT.

Sponsored Links
Found it on that website, as the Texecom Odyssey 1 - thanks very much!

I'll order a one of those and see what happens when it turns up.

Cheers for the advice - wasnt sure if it was worth looking for a new strobe - ta for clearing that up

Thanks!

can i suggest if you do have a stobe, connect it to the bell trigger, so it stops when the bell does.

a fashing strobe is an indication your alarm has gone off and no one has been to see what happend

I wouldn't do that for two reasons.

A - You are not meant to

B - The texecom panel has an engineer hold off feature with the sounder. You pulse the strobe quickly 3 times to envoke the hold off with in the sounder, so you can open the cover. The premier panels even pulse the strobe when you enter eng mode.

Also, the veritas flashes the strobe on a successful set, so you can visually see the system successfully set as you leave. A sounder sounding every time you left would be annoying for the neighbours!

breezer said:
can i suggest if you do have a stobe, connect it to the bell trigger, so it stops when the bell does.

a fashing strobe is an indication your alarm has gone off and no one has been to see what happend

but itmight catch the eye of the odd police officer that drives by couple of weeks :LOL:

libby lou lou said:
but itmight catch the eye of the odd police officer that drives by couple of weeks :LOL:

if it does that he would arrest someone for assult

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back