Alarm wire, 6 white cores

What a load of old tosh!

It is not a load of of tosh, and that is supported by both the security company and insurance company involved.

to expertly try to bypass the system I would be stripping back the insulation on the cores to try & determine what the cables are doing.

Which you do at one location. Then if the cores are coloured you know which wires do which function further along the cable.

If the cores are all the same colour then the determination of which each core has to be done at both locations. More time involved.

Sponsored Links
I like the way that no one has disagreed my earlier post.

NEVER EVER seen one expertly by-passed.

I cannot dis-agree with it. You may never have seen one expertly by-passed. If the alarm has been expertly by-passed the intruders may have been in, done the deed, and got out without leaving any trace of having been in there.

Well in 30+ years at this game I've come across many systems that have been by-passed.

1. With a hammer

Which tends to leave an obvious sign that the alarm was ""bypassed"".

Which leads to a stock take to see what missing and the theft is discovered. If the alarm appears to be as it was then the theft may go un-noticed for several days.

Can't say I have seen an install using this type of cable, and doubt I or others will do.

The fact that you are struggling to get the cable speaks volumes ;)

Cables are meant to be run in a protected area anyway. If someone can get to a cable and sit there with some tools and a meter undetected then you have done something very wrong with your design!

Sponsored Links
The client has placed an order for 500 or 1000 metres of the cable with an offshore company.

The alarm system design isn't mine.

NEVER EVER seen one expertly by-passed.

I cannot dis-agree with it. You may never have seen one expertly by-passed. If the alarm has been expertly by-passed the intruders may have been in, done the deed, and got out without leaving any trace of having been in there.

Well in 30+ years at this game I've come across many systems that have been by-passed.

1. With a hammer

Which tends to leave an obvious sign that the alarm was ""bypassed"".

Which leads to a stock take to see what missing and the theft is discovered. If the alarm appears to be as it was then the theft may go un-noticed for several days.
You watch too much TV and American films

So the insurance companies are experts eh?
They know how to confuse the experts that can bypass alarms, but only if the use coloured cable... lol

What I was trying to say is that the colours make no difference to beingable to expertly bypass the system.

Have you not seen it done on the TV, all you need to do is pull out a little box with croc clips on & connect it to wires :D

Yes but you'd need to know which ones to by-pass.

You wouldn't want to shunt the pozzy & neggy.

And you'd need to know if there was an EOL resistor.

The only way you'd know that is if you had pre-knowledge. (ie. an inside job)

So the insurance companies are experts eh?

They may not be experts but they do know a man who is.

Have you not seen it done on the TV, all you need to do is pull out a little box with croc clips on & connect it to wires :D

Yep thats the way to do it ! . as long as the box isn't just an empty stage prop it will defeat alarms, open bank vaults doors and a few other things as well.

To Redpis

I answered your PM but the system blocked the reply. It said you are not accepting PM from non friends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back