Alarm wire, 6 white cores

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know from where I can obtain alarm type internal cable with all 6 cores the same colour, preferable white.

Sponsored Links
Client requires the alarm wiring to be non colour coded and has run out of cable. Cannot say more.

Trying to avoid having a special order placed as before.

Is it on show?

What about something like CY or YY control cable with all black cores?

Sponsored Links
They have numbered cores, if the client isn't wanting coloured cores they probably wont want numbered ones either.
Maybe he is wiring up a panic button for the Queen and doesn't want Charles playing about with it.

There was a time when the alarm, wired with coloured cores, was expertly by-passed. Hence the requirement for cores that are not identifiable when the outer sheath is removed.

As everyone seems to have their own colour scheme then how did they bypass it? Makes me think that even with all whites that it will still be bypassable by an expert.

There was a time when the alarm, wired with coloured cores, was expertly by-passed. Hence the requirement for cores that are not identifiable when the outer sheath is removed.
Well in 30+ years at this game I've come across many systems that have been by-passed.

1. With a hammer
2. or similar
3. Not turned on
4. Only partially turned on
5. Cts isolated
6. With a hammer
7. Inside job
8. With a hammer, or crowbar for a change

NEVER EVER seen one expertly by-passed.

The type of systems I'm thinking about range from a small private house to very large mansions owned by Lord / Sir etc whoever.
To a small corner shop, with and without a PO to a very well known London department store with every type of expensive item you can think about and a few you can't.
Warehouses large and small, Government owned and not

See 1 to 8.

ps Expanding foam ;)

Was that time when two pole wiring or EOL was used, or was it more recently with a graded panel using DOEL, like most on here, I'm obviously very interested.

Double End Of Line

Early circuit monitoring of tampering used a single End of Line for short circuit detection of detection device.

DEOL uses additional components to monitor the four states of the circuit.

What a load of old tosh!

The colour of the cores makes absolutely no difference.

If I was to expertly try to bypass the system I would be stripping back the insulation on the cores to try & determine what the cables are doing.

What you need to do is use ordinary cable but do not follow any colour coding convention, make your own up - change it on each circuit etc & keep damn good notes/drawings.

For instance, do not use red/black for power supply :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back