alarms on socket ring on rcd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have noticed my alarm is wired in on the socket ring which is protected by rcd at cu.so if i try to switch the sockets down at cu alarm goes off.im trying to run a switched fused spur of 1 of the sockets how can i get round it all i have on the alarm is the code for it thats it

Sponsored Links
Depends on the alarm. Have you tried an internet search for it?

Mine i can enter an engineers code which semi-deactivates it while you open the front cover, or turn the power off etc.

An alarm shouldnt go off though just coz the power has been lost...that would make it rather annoying during power cuts. Was it quite a cheap one?

no idea if its cheap just bought this house last owner dosnt have clue iether.i guess it should have its own dedicated circuit.will try internet search.cheers.

your problem is nothing to do with what its connected to, the fact is it has a flat satndby battery, or in the worst case the charging cct ir kaput, so you get a flat battery, Yuasa batteries should be changed every 5 years, powersonic batteries every year as they are only good for holding doors open

Sponsored Links
when you say main panel is that the place you key in your code or where all the wires are in a box sorry to keep bothering you but its all new to me

dont try, go to maplin

did you check its charging voltage (should be 13.8)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back