all subcontractors rates cut 5% !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been informed by letter ,with immediate effect,that ALL subcontractors that do any work for persimmon homes must take a 5% price cut due to poor housing market. Take it or leave it !!!!
Where were the price rises as house prices shot up over the last few years !!!
Any one else come across this yet :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Take it or leave it is correct.

I hear their business is falling into a bit of a hole, so they won't mind if (say) half the contractors walk and leave the cheap ones busy.

Sponsored Links
A lot of firms have suddenly started to struggle around here..the industry has had it coming for a a while now..the greedy bastards are building houses quicker than people can move into them.

It was the same back in the eighties...I was working for about 50 quid a day in 83..on houses that were being sold for 36 grand..then come the boom..the same houses were being sold for 60 grand..but the money was still the same

The big housing developers are greedy...they drive down prices all the time wanting top work done for crap money and normally in crap conditions

I wouldnt touch site work with a barge pole.

Just been informed by letter ,with immediate effect,that ALL subcontractors that do any work for persimmon homes must take a 5% price cut due to poor housing market. Take it or leave it !!!!
Where were the price rises as house prices shot up over the last few years !!!
Any one else come across this yet :evil: :evil:

What's Persimmon daily rate for subbies now?

my mate is a site manager for persimmon and has laid of 60 percent of his workforce and its all down to the fact that they have 12.5 million worth of houses up to roof but their sales teams have only sold 2.5 million pounds worth of them.

so they have told them to stop building until sales have caught up.

its the reason i wont work on site for him or buy a new house.

They keep stacking up the sites though. I know of one they just bought for £5m so although the labor is slowing short term, long term all will be OK.

Serves Persimmon right..I have no sympathy (except for the subbies)

I heard today they have laid off a lot of there management and are not building anything new.

They have done nothing wrong ..gave a lot of guys a lot of work. is that wrong? sure they made money, but thats what they are there for..

pride comes before a fall

They have aslo succeeded in driving prices down in the industry and wanting the maximum standard in the shortest time for the least amount of money.

datarebal said:
They have done nothing wrong.
That's no more universally true that it's universally false.

I've seen a local site shared by Wimpey and Persimmon, and I thought I'd never hear myself say this, but the Wimpey houses are built better.

gave a lot of guys a lot of work. is that wrong?
Yes it's wrong. Nothing was "given" to anybody, so there's no reason to be grateful to Persimmon - if they didn't build houses then other developers would build more.

They can use what ever trade and who ever they choose so work was given to who they chose (given /awarded) for what ever reason.

I personally would never comment on work quality of any company , I'd rather keep my house.

It was the same back in the eighties...I was working for about 50 quid a day in 83..

I wouldnt touch site work with a barge pole.
blimey :eek: I remember getting £2.50 an hour on a new build(1 off) in c.1975 . just before that I had a residential maintenance job. £25.00 a week nett. all found

If you don’t like your boss, or his pay, or his policy or the colour of his tie, just leave. If you don’t leave, don’t complain.
That is why subbies are called sub and not associate.

Sponsored Links
Back