Alpha CB24 no hot water to nightmare !!!

If the fan doesn't make high speed plug the spare sensor into the red wires to the primary sensor and see what that gives you... sounds like a problem with one of the sensors.

From what i remember from today, the red wires would not fit the spare sensor, different terminations.

Sponsored Links
Nah dhw and primary sensor are the same, try swapping the red and blue wires over briefly to see if it fires.

Well, the boiler is now working, i have no idea how, I removed the inside cover and could see the fan working perfect, i could see a rubber pipe leading from the fan to the air pressure switch, i took off the tube from the fan and sucked it, i could hear the switch working, when i carried on sucking the boiler fired up and then obviously turned off when i stopped.
I shoved the tube back on and the bl**dy thing started to work, i turned the tap on, hot water was there, so i put it all back together and as of up to now it is still working.
The thing is, its working fine now, so all should be well when the boiler turns off for the night, or am i being to optimistic.

Thanks again to everyone for their help, i will try to put back a little onto the site if i can help anyone.

Ray

Seems i spoke to soon, moms just phoned, boiler switched off after being on all afternoon, thats me done, will get a proper man in :D

Any boiler men in the black country area (wolvo/bilston) want a job, let me know.

Ray

Sponsored Links
Seems i spoke to soon, moms just phoned, boiler switched off after being on all afternoon, thats me done, will get a proper man in :D

Any boiler men in the black country area (wolvo/bilston) want a job, let me know.

Ray

did you clean the fan blades? common problem for intermittant operation on these.

Ray, I'll be Dudley / kingswinford way on fri if you're proper stuck.

ollski";p="876089 said:
Ray, I'll be Dudley / kingswinford way on fri if you're proper stuck.

On my way to moms now, normally to have a cup of tea, but i will have one last look at the fan as instructed.

As it stands you would be a life saver if you could make it, i will pm you on my return.

Thankyou very much.

Last episode for me......

Took the cover off again, removed the fan, everything was clean and free spinning, replaced fan, sucked on tube as before, boiler fired and carried on working as i put it all together, 20 mins later, switched off.

So if he can make it, i will be calling on the help of ollski.

Is there a way to pm or do we email??

Ray

Called the alpha hotline today as a last resort, after giving the chap all the sorry tale, he seemed to think it was the aps.
Told me to bridge the terminals on the switch to see if the boiler fired, and it did, does that mean the switch has gone?
If i suck on the tube untill it fires and then push the tube back on the fan it all works untill the boiler reaches temp, when it switches off it will not re light.

ollski, if you can make it of Friday i would grateful, you can mail me here...

Ray I mailed you on a talk21 address earlier, could well be aps depending on the lights and the fan speed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back