ALPHA CB28 combi

1ontopoff2

looking for some advice and will try to cut the story short.
moved house in november,every time someone came round outside they would say they can smell gas smell was from the boiler and after a very high gas bill had the boiler checked and was told the boiler was not using to much gas, as it smelt like unburnt gas outside to me and others.The boiler has now started to warm radiators even with heating off and just on water,have turned all stats right down but have two rads without and these get very very hot at times on there own :confused: do i buy a new boiler?my last house had a bosh and had no probs in 11 years, any help advice thanks alpha cb28

Sponsored Links
Firstly if you think you can smell unburnt gas anywhere call 0800 111999 NOW and they will come out FOC withinh the hour.

If your radiators are getting hot with the timer on then it could be the flow switch or diverter valve.

I would suggest calling out a heating engineer who knows what he is talking about this time. That is AFTER you have first called the above number ;)

thanks for the sound advice never thought to report a gas leak :eek: can only smell unburnt gas when the boiler is running,heats rads in the warter only position not timer or heating mode,is it worth a fix ? or just go for a new boiler think its about 7 years old

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back