Alpha e-tec plus 33 / ideal vogue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. This is probably one of those questions that most will roll their eyes at but anyhow im asking it anyway!
Im changing to a combi boiler with hive/nest thermostat.
Im read many reviews on the ideal vogue and how good it is but cant find much at all on the Alpha Etec. Both engineers have great reviews and my slightly preferred installer wants to put in the Alpha (with Hive) . Is the Alpha on a par? His price was about the guy wanting to install the Ideal. Its a big layout and i want to get this right. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
This was a gas supply issue and absolutely nothing to do with the Alpha boiler
I did not read anything that concluded that was the problem, just criticism of installer & manufacturer's engineer. I would consider those sort of things if choosing between 2 boilers.

Sponsored Links
I did not read anything that concluded that was the problem, just criticism of installer & manufacturer's engineer. I would consider those sort of things if choosing between 2 boilers.
Good job you are not a gas engineer then

Alpha have a reputation for very expensive parts (and you should never rely on a long warranty...there are too many clauses).
Alpha are a niche "manufacturer" and not so common nowdays. They don't actually manufacture but buy in boilers from Italy.
Few gas eng. have much experience of Alpha as they are rare and therefore the knowledge base is limited.
Personally I wouldn't touch them.

Fit the vogue max and get 12 years warranty if installer is approved. Or get 35 logic max with 10 yr warranty

Alpha have a reputation for very expensive parts (and you should never rely on a long warranty...there are too many clauses).
Alpha are a niche "manufacturer" and not so common nowdays. They don't actually manufacture but buy in boilers from Italy.
Few gas eng. have much experience of Alpha as they are rare and therefore the knowledge base is limited.
Personally I wouldn't touch them.
Just your opinion, I have extensive experience with them and I rate them, there are many around here, just because you are not familiar with them , does not make them a bad boiler

I don't think I needed to be a gas engineer to provide a link to something the poster might consider relevant, even if you don't.
The OP was asking for experienced gas engineers opinions of different boilers , not what a web troll could drag up, dont re-post what you dont understand

Just your opinion, I have extensive experience with them and I rate them, there are many around here, just because you are not familiar with them , does not make them a bad boiler

I used to live not far from their HQ...out of interest I went to a few of their courses and listened to the BS when they brought out the gas saver.
I've had many of their models on the books but the reality is that compared with the days of the 240/280 models they are now a very minor player.
Parts have always been poorly stocked and expensive. AFAIR they're only still in business after doing a deal with Baxi who bought the factory.

You sound like an Alpha fan boy just like the Intergasers on here :) Your customers are fine until you're on holiday and no one else wants to touch them.
Over on the CC it's a very rare posting that mentions an Alpha...there's virtually no knowledge base out there.
When did you last see Alpha attend a trade event?

I used to live not far from their HQ...
WOW so that makes you an expert

You sound like an Alpha fan boy just like the Intergasers on here
Have only ever seen a few intergas boilers , never fitted one

When did you last see Alpha attend a trade event?
I dont attend trade events, I dont need to , I have worked in Immergas factory in Nepicar in Italy that make Alpha boilers and have worked with Alpha at R&D level, but you have been to a trade event so you know more than me .
Over on the CC
Like that gives you some kind of credence, yes I am on there and you are talking total bullshit , take it over there and see how many support your absolute pish

Really sorry to anyone following this post but @Gasguru has really annoyed me and we will chat about this on the closed forum if he has the knowledge to take it on , Alpha are a decent brand with great back up , all boilers depending on where you live will have different back up

Hello all. This is probably one of those questions that most will roll their eyes at but anyhow im asking it anyway!
Im changing to a combi boiler with hive/nest thermostat.
Im read many reviews on the ideal vogue and how good it is but cant find much at all on the Alpha Etec. Both engineers have great reviews and my slightly preferred installer wants to put in the Alpha (with Hive) . Is the Alpha on a par? His price was about the guy wanting to install the Ideal. Its a big layout and i want to get this right. Many thanks in advance.
When you say big layout what do you mean exactly ? Plus if you have more than one bathroom say a main bathroom and an en suite I wouldn't be thinking of a combi boiler you'd be better with a heat only boiler and an unvented cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back