Am I earthed?

You have your ideas I know what I think unfortunatley unless a spark visits site we wont see the 415.

Also why would the cable to next door be smaller IF it is looped? are you trying to say that the supply is fused down in the head and then feeds next door on a smaller cable?? I dont think so!

Sponsored Links
I appreciate that it is a TP head and will have 415V across the incomming fuse holders, but, as there is nothing connected to two of the phases it remains a bog standard, common or garden single phase TN-S supply.

Also why would the cable to next door be smaller IF it is looped? are you trying to say that the supply is fused down in the head and then feeds next door on a smaller cable?? I dont think so!

It's a thicker incommer as the incommer is a four core cable.

The outgoing cable will be two core to provide a SP supply to next door.

Rf at last we agree. Technically it is a 3 phase supply however from what we can see the house holder is only using one phase

Sponsored Links
No, its a 3 phase HEAD. It is a single phase SUPPLY.

I don't know how we agree at last. I have being saying the same all along.

well i don't understand why they would goto the bother of putting the neighbour on a different phase.

Get there will be a change somewhere along the street, but not when doing these piggy backs ?

as well as sorting out the bonding, you need to take care of clearences as well, there should be 25mm between gas pipe/meter and electrical cable, and 150mm between electrical meter or switch and gas pipe/meter

As Rob has siad on3 occasions, the property has a TP&N service head, but the property is only supplied with a SP&N, you can tell this by the single meter tail coming from the top of the head!!!!

It then clearly loops out and goes next door (probably)

So you have a BOG STANDARD 230V supply. You really need to update the CU and bonding as for that bit of meter tail clamped to the supply cable, that wants sorting as well!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back