? amp of neon switch needed????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`m extendending a ring main to include a outdoor double socket and a single indoor socket to be used for a dryer. Am i right in thinking that the neon switch i am going to use should be 30 amps? to avoid these two sockets tripping the fuse. :?: :?: :?: :cool: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Your post is a little obscure, what switch are you talking about? Sockets are generally connected directly to the ring.

Before you bring the socket cable outside put it through a 13 amp Switch Fuse Double Pole Switch).Is this what you mean by neon.If you have the second socket after Switch Fuse i hope you realise it will switch off both sockets

Sponsored Links
sorry for the confusion. What i mean is i want to extend the ring main from a double socket. Because i cannot spur two seperate sockets from one plug socket. my plan is to put a "Switch Fuse Double Pole Switch" in place of the original socket run a cable to a outdoor socket and from this run a cable to another new addational socket then run the cable back to the neon switch therefore creating a"a Ring Effect" So what amp will this "Switch Fuse Double Pole Switch need to be?

Ps i know this will turn off both sockets connected to it.

You don't need a ring here. A radial is the standard arrangement. From the fused spur, attach the outgoing cable to the load terminals, then run further sockets if required.

Just make sure your cable size & run are such that you don't have excessive volt drop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back