Angela Rayner

Sponsored Links
Its possible Kier will keep her on as a lame duck, but if she is shown to have lied or misled him or the country, that will be a very difficult call.

Giving the wrong address for voting is serious
It would be if part of a bigger plan, to say register at more than one address to have more than one vote.

But a genuine oversight that caused no harm (hypothetically)? I don't know if that is really a serious offence.

It's not a serious offence. End of the day, I'm guessing she still voted in the same elections for the same candidates. it's only serious if it was to say, assist with the tax evasion for example.... oh wait.

Sponsored Links
According to Wikipedia (so caution!) at this time our reserves are £184bn, £20bn of which are in gold.

If the gold hadn't been sold, presumably our reserves would be just under £200bn and about £35bn would be in gold.

It's time for people to stop obsessing!

It's not a serious offence. End of the day, I'm guessing she still voted in the same elections for the same candidates. it's only serious if it was to say, assist with the tax evasion for example.... oh wait.

Do you think she planned the CGT thing all along?

I think this was to avoid a claw back on her right to buy discount.

the rules for married couples are archaic and I sympathise with her mistake. Its was the same for divorcing couples until recently. You have to pay capital gains tax to give your ex-spouse a property that a judge has told you to give. Also if the family home went up in value after you left, you are due capital gains tax on the growth as its not your home. At least now such transfers are exempt.

It would be if part of a bigger plan, to say register at more than one address to have more than one vote.

But a genuine oversight that caused no harm (hypothetically)? I don't know if that is really a serious offence.
It is a serious issue in its own right IMO. She is a professional politician. There may be mitigating circumstances. I am not suggesting she is guilty or that a prosecution is appropriate, plod are clearly under political pressure on this one. Where you live for tax purposes is entirely different for electoral purposes, plod will doubtless confuse themselves.

actually she was. Her "working" life was very short.

I thought that was most likely, initially. But I've been told since, on here, that there is no claw back unless you actually sell it.
What do you do if you can't sell your right to buy house due to claw back... rent it out?

Could open a bigger can of worms if it was mortgaged, let alone declaring taxes on the income and of course it impacts your residence relief.

hence why its best to deny it.

Sponsored Links
Back