Ealing council smoking police

A few years ago I attended a meeting where people were objecting to a new McD near me, they complained that we would see an increase in rubbish (and we did).
We also however saw an increase in the jobs, somewhere for our youths to go in the evening, a Brownfield site being used and the outlet is always very busy (little competition around here).

Thing is, all the rubbish you see near McDonalds outlets is not put there by McDonalds.
It IS put there by their customers, by the public who use them.
The lazy arsed barstewards that just discard their fast food wrappings for someone else to pick up, so it does not matter if it's McD, KFC, BK or any other fast food outlet.
It's the people not the outlet.

A perfect place to station a litter warden, to issue fines to teach them a lesson.

Sponsored Links
Is it right though that the "wardens" are private companies who collect 3/4 of the fine money? I guess its more jobs for people.

A few years ago I attended a meeting where people were objecting to a new McD near me, they complained that we would see an increase in rubbish (and we did).
We also however saw an increase in the jobs, somewhere for our youths to go in the evening, a Brownfield site being used and the outlet is always very busy (little competition around here).

Thing is, all the rubbish you see near McDonalds outlets is not put there by McDonalds.
It IS put there by their customers, by the public who use them.
The lazy arsed barstewards that just discard their fast food wrappings for someone else to pick up, so it does not matter if it's McD, KFC, BK or any other fast food outlet.
It's the people not the outlet.
Employees are sent out to litter pick, but only within the vicinity of the restaurant. They should arrange the litter pick to coincide with the time and distance it takes for the average chav to finish off his Maccies milkshake whilst doing an average speed of 22mph.
Litter louts ctuns the lot of them.

Sponsored Links
Many town centres are cleared of litter arising from the weekend activities, night clubs , pubs, takeaways etc. If the view were taken that it is the taxpayer not the the Council who is responsible they would soon fill up with rubbish. Why should McDonalds etc be less socially responsible just because they are a private company.

Blup

Back