Angela Rayner

she was not a care worker when her tax was due.

But accurately,

"It's great to see the Tories diminishing their small remaining popularity by piling in on a care worker who sold her house after getting married."

Sponsored Links
She cannot Nominate a home at the point of selling hers, read the rules..

Motorbiking is attempting to suggest that he knows if, and when, a declaration was made, and that he knows what it said.

I don't believe he knows.

You don't think she would have mentioned this? Remember "they" had to do this by 2012 at the latest.

and as Tax expert Dan says

Given Rayner’s apparent misunderstanding of the law, it would be surprising if she and her husband had made a nomination to HMRC. On the facts available, it seems reasonably clear their joint main residence would have been her husband’s house: he seems to have lived only there, their children lived mostly there, and she lived there at least some of the time.

That's why I asked

What proof have you seen that she made a Main Home declaration?

What date was it and what did it say?

The answer is, of course, he doesn't know, he has seen no proof, he is just throwing in smears based on the word on the Tory Gripevine.

Sponsored Links
What proof do you have that she made a nomination?

Based on her tweet its clear she didn't know the rules.

experts agree. Its just you who want us to feel sorry for the poor "care worker" professional politician.

What proof do you have that she made a nomination?

Based on her tweet its clear she didn't know the rules.

experts agree. Its just you who want us to feel sorry for the poor "care worker" professional politician.
Claims not to have known the rules ;)

I know a Tory smear when I see one.

Remember how they piled on to the old guy who said that Britain's railways could do with improvement?

Nobody denies it now.

There must be an election on the way.

I know a Tory smear when I see one.

Remember how they piled on to the old guy who said that Britain's railways could do with improvement?

Nobody denies it now.

There must be an election on the way.
its good to see JohnD apologising for a labour tax dodger's mistake. Nice to see him forgive those who make honest errors.

I've never understood why some people see nothing wrong with getting w*nkered at a works do. I worked with a CEO who was a non-drinker and every do he said - please make sure your team know that I don't enjoy some p*ssed employee telling me how I should run the company having drunk a gallon of dutch courage. I will take the necessary action to give them the opportunity to run their own company. He was a c**t in many respects, but I agree with his stance on this.

To a degree understandable, when it's the 18 yr-old newbies.
Not so with those who should be a bit more professional.

Nowadays though, there's a lot of "nose-powdering" goes on instead, to replace the boozing of yesteryear.

Capital gains tax is complex.

Its entirely reasonable she didn’t know the rules.
maybe complex to you but its a piece of pish to most people .
As i pointed out earlier there is a step by step idiots guide on gov uk on how to fill it in perhaps you could get a friend to talk you through it

took me 10 mins to create a spreadsheet to work out mine.

If she thinks this is complex, she will find her Form E even worse.

But to be fair - her mistake is understandable and forgivable, had she owned up.

social gathering - i.e. not a gathering essential for work. There is no difference between spending the day campaigning and having a curry and a bear after, than spending the day in government and having a drink and networking event after. Both were either allowed or not allowed.

But BJ opted for a fixed penalty and Starmer said he's fight it with the full force of his legal team. I'd have done the same. The lockdown laws were full of holes.
Was there not an invitation sent out to 1 of the events ?

Which 1

She claims she has expert opinion that she did nothing wrong.

You've decided she's guilty as charged. There will be a trial then?
Claims but for some strange reason refuses to disclose whom and what expert opinion was given

Sponsored Links
Back