Animal welfare laws

transam is only offended by the Muslim variety.

not at all

halal / kosher

even go so far as sinking whaling ships from Norway / Japan etc

they get a warning pack up and go home

2nd warning will be best advised to abandon ship and take to there life boats 20 mins later torpedo em

Sponsored Links
A law to compel all cat owners to have there cat micro chipped

good idea IMO

always have had my cats chipped

A law to compel all cat owners to have there cat micro chipped

good idea IMO

always have had my cats chipped

I don't see the point in this. In law I am legally responsible for my dogs actions, but the cats can do pretty much anything they want with no legal repercussions coming my way.

So. what is the point?

Sponsored Links
What about chucking homosexuals off roofs or cutting off the end of a baby's penis?

I will refer you to my caveat of "people who are obviously mentally ill".

I have friends who are deeply religious in several branches of religion, & they struggle to interpret the actions of those who claim their bible endorses such behaviour.

I've read my christian bible cover to cover & I'm currently tackling the Quran with the help of my newsagent. All I can interpret from it so far is too smother people in love, not throw them off high buildings.

One of my drinking buddies is a semi-retired slaughtering butcher. He reckons he slaughtered everything Halal as it's a better way to drain the blood, which taints the meat. He also swears by surprising the animal & not allowing it to catch on that the end is nigh, they react to fear by releasing hormones like adrenaline into their bloodstream just like we do. He can tell meat that has been poorly slaughtered just by the taste.

Apparently pigs are the most difficult to slaughter well. They seem to know . . . .

I don't have a problem with any slaughter technique provided the animal is stunned first. The problem with all Shechita (Jewish) and some Halal (Muslim) slaughter is that it involves cutting the animal's throat without stunning the animal first. And this according to both the RSPCA and the British Veterinary Association causes the animals unnecessary pain and suffering
https://www.bva.co.uk/take-action/our-policies/non-stun-slaughter/
https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

It should not be allowed in the UK !

But this thread is about the export of live Animals for slaughter abroad, and this to my mind is far crueller than the religious slaughter we allow in the UK. Some are just taken into the EU where lower standards of slaughtering means the animal can be slaughtered more cheaply, but far more disturbing is that some of the EU countries then just forward the animals to the middle east in horrific and cramped conditions where they are slaughtered in utterly barbaric methods.

"Animals are hacked at repeatedly until they die. Often they are winched up by a leg or their tendons are slashed to disable them."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54435029

This all needs to stop including the non stunned religious slaughter that takes place in the UK

But this thread is about the export of live Animals for slaughter abroad, and this to my mind is far crueller than the religious slaughter we allow in the UK
Far worse things happen to farmed animals on a daily basis. There is little compassion in the slaughter industry.

Far worse things happen to farmed animals on a daily basis. There is little compassion in the slaughter industry.
do you have some examples and the scale in which they are taking place ?
And how do the examples that you will give mitigate other acts of cruelty ?

do you have some examples and the scale in which they are taking place ?
And how do the examples that you will give mitigate other acts of cruelty ?
I've seen stuff on tele is all and used to drink in the same booze as a fella that worked in an abbatoir. There is zero empathy.

There is no mitigation intended. It's more pointing out that Halal and Kosher animal welfare is no worse or more cruel than regular slaughter methods.
Bizarrely, some on here are too quick to condemn Muslims only. Weird.

I've seen stuff on tele is all and used to drink in the same booze as a fella that worked in an abbatoir. There is zero empathy.

There is no mitigation intended. It's more pointing out that Halal and Kosher animal welfare is no worse or more cruel than regular slaughter methods.
Most are taught as young children from an early age in the home by their parents and peers.
Sadly, some adults are gullible enough to believe the nonsense that they read in popular press, government propaganda, and rumours spread on social media.
Some actively exploit the anonymity of social media to promote their special version of hatred.

Muslim slaughter
Jewish slaughter
Fre*** slaughter

there all fruit cakes and as bad as one another

Sponsored Links
Back