Anne Boleyn channel 5

Sponsored Links
Who cares as long as the acting is good
So you don't like accuracy in any drama you watch? Plausibility, things to be credible and believable?

You just want tokenism and everything is fine?

What happens when you get a few chipped bricks in the pack or a few smooth faces in with the deep rustics? Do you just throw them in and think "Fack it, it don't matter" or do you build the wall as it was intended to be?

Lead oxide wasn't it?
From my old history teacher I recall mention of "sublimate of mercury". I'm not sure if accurate or information have changed in the meantime. :rolleyes:

Again from my school days I recall two process one a make up or whitening paste and one a skin removal or bleaching. And bathing was a rarity.

Sponsored Links
So you don't like accuracy in any drama you watch? Plausibility, things to be credible and believable?
To a degree yes. I also appreciate that things get Hollywood-ised to make them more appealing.
I also accept that there is an element of theatre there which can also be appreciated. I'm sure even The Bard would approve.

I'm supposing the Woods method acting principle, dictates that any production that is absent of white people, must limit themselves to swaying slaves humming hallelujah, in true gospel fashion...?

I'm supposing the Woods method acting principle, dictates that any production that is absent of white people, must limit themselves to swaying slaves humming hallelujah, in true gospel fashion...?
You are far too presumptuous, and it seems just trying to deflect the fact that the only reason that woman got that part is due to tokenism. Not merit, not acting ability, not by fitting the character she portrays. Tokenism, woke tokenism plain and simple. And if you can't see why that is wrong then you need to stop watching dramas and watch the factual channel instead.

More annoying than that, is the lame attempts of people to justify it as anything else. It's bizarre to think that anyone who enjoys drama or historical drama can actually watch this and think it engaging or entertaining for anything other than the spectacle of a black person playing a white person like some past Meghan Markle, but not only that, black people (I see there are others cast) in a period of time when there were virtually no black people in the UK, let alone in the society being portrayed.

There are several fantasy films set in similar situations and time periods that have cast various people of various races, and things work fine. But bringing that fantasy to actual historical depictions does not work. Otherwise every film becomes a blurred comic fantasy - which then gets believed just like the fantasy TV family adverts of late

And none of the woke appeasers seem to have justified why this is OK but the reverse is not.

Do you want accuracy in the things you say?

Do you want your views and conclusions to be credible and believable?

Another case of the 'woke brigade' attempting to re-write history?

Who is this woke brigade?

Why is nobody complaining about her only having 5 fingers?

Play / television dramas are fiction. Actors come in different colours. Get over it!

in a period of time when there were virtually no black people in the UK, let alone in the society being portrayed.
Othello (The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice) is a tragedy by William Shakespeare, probably written in 1603.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Othello
Was your comment based on some historical FICTION, or some imagined idea of olde England??

Drama and film on TV is historical fiction, even the docudramas.
A docudrama (or documentary drama) is a genre of radio and television programming, feature film, and staged theatre, which features dramatized re-enactments of actual events. On stage, it is sometimes known as documentary theatre.

dramatize
adapt (a novel) or present (a particular incident) as a play or film.

adapt
to make fit often by modification​

Sponsored Links
Back