Anne Boleyn channel 5

I think its quite good to challenge the "seeing colour" thing, but it has to be acceptable all ways round. Personally I wont be watching it, because its not my thing.

Sponsored Links
They show them all the time. And in dramas etc.

The problem is that some people are so filled with hate and fear that any example which is not the comforting "both white couples/all white families" which they so wish was all there was, is all they focus on, and it sends their "mind" into a bubbling froth of bigotry.

A quick check over an hour's worth of TV, suggests the majority of ads show a mixed couple, of the remainder, it seems about equal all black or all white. I would not normally watch it, but SWMBO does - 'Four in a Bed' from what I have seen when it has been on - it is predominantly same colour couples, but 50/50 same sex couples. There are numerous other similar programs on TV. None of this represents a normal distribution.

I'm not sure whether the RWR are offended for the black girl or offended for the role she is playing. Either way their being offended is spectacular. It's a wonder they don't try and cancel.

All you need to say is 'Im not sure' and we would all concur. Come back when you have something constructive to say, we get your lack of understanding which normally results in playground banter/spurious drivel.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that?

During the break in corrie, it seems that humans only come in black or white and predominantly a black one has to marry or live with a white one, and all children are apparently mixed race. o_O

I think you need to go on a racial awareness course nosey.

Indeed a point well made, currently it's always African black, no other colours are shown, yet we have an array of races entwined into UK civilisation, you never see the others being represented. Again i don't want to point out or single out any race, but for the sake of fairness we should represent all and not put one one a pedestal for fear of offence.

Sponsored Links
Not read the whole thread.

But weren't blacks and ethnic minorities uonin arms for white people playing there roles.

I remember there was a Netflix film based in Japan that had a white male playing the lead character and people were up in arms about it.

Justin Bieber was in trouble with the Twitter brigade a week or so back because he had dreadlocks and black people were up in arms about that.....

This has got to stop.

I'm not fussed Anne was played by a black person, but as long as they made reference to that before the film/program started to ensure the accuracy of what was being depicted was not 100%.

There is dumb people out there that would believe this

Indeed a point well made, currently it's always African black, no other colours are shown, yet we have an array of races entwined into UK civilisation, you never see the others being represented. Again i don't want to point out or single out any race, but for the sake of fairness we should represent all and not put one one a pedestal for fear of offence.
Yes, and that is why the BLM movement is inherently selfish, single minded, and I would suggest has its own racial undertones in its constant message that only black lives matter, not any other minority race. It portrays this misconception that racism is a black and white issue, and it does so for its own ends and agenda. And that is why it is fundamentally wrong.

Yes, and that is why the BLM movement is inherently selfish, single minded, and I would suggest has its own racial undertones in its constant message that only black lives matter, not any other minority race. It portrays this misconception that racism is a black and white issue, and it does so for its own ends and agenda. And that is why it is fundamentally wrong.
Youll say anything to try and defend your racist beliefs, wont you.

Youll say anything to try and defend your racist beliefs, wont you.
Youve missed the irony here completely haven't you, read my first post to this thread. Hint: it's all about being able to reason equally from both sides without being called a racist.

And here the fukc you are :D

Youve missed the irony here completely haven't you, read my first post to this thread. Hint: it's all about being able to reason equally from both sides without being called a racist.

And here the fukc you are :D
So where were you when only white people were allowed to play other ethnicities?
Enjoying your white privileged position and not giving a care about equality?

Come back when you have something constructive to say
She's an actress paying a role. Is she doing it badly? I've seen some good stuff from black actresses lately so I doubt she'd get away with being rubbish.

Dunno, perhaps the RWR are actually offended by her bad acting?

offended by her bad acting

My senses are certainly offended when someone plays a character without actually being anything like the character.

They may just as well as put the cast in tracky bottoms, and given them all a chav accents.

What next, Batwoman, Dirty Harry played by Mr Bean, Mrs Marple in charge of the Sweeney, Rick Moranis as Shaft, Sergeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket) played by Charles Hawtrey, Lassie playing Champion the Wonder Horse?

Come on, I know you champion the cause, but you must be loosing your grip of reality if you can watch a TV drama or film where the characters are so mis-cast that you can never actually get into the show like the audience should be drawn in.

Sponsored Links
Back