Another Baxi Bahama 100 thread...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First post so be gentle... :eek:

We have just moved into a house which has the infamous Bahama 100 combi boiler installed. We have already spent £200 having the pressure guage (leaking) and the gas pressure valve replaced (causing lock outs).

Now, we get a flame failure light four times a day. Seems to be when the heating tries to kick in after the heating has been off overnight or during the day. Sometimes it happens when the heating is on too (it doesn't seem to be connected to when we run the HW).

Hitting reset seems to cure the problem short term so we can live with it at least. However, is it worth me getting someone out to look at it again?- should I get them to change/clean the primary flow switch (which everyone seems to say is the cure of all problems)?

Also - shall we just live with it for the summer and save up for a new one before next winter (valliant or something)? - any idea of cost to supply and install a new one (I have guessed £1500)?

Thanks for any time you have... :D

KP

Sponsored Links
any idea of cost to supply and install a new one (I have guessed £1500)?
Probably more like £2000+ (more for Surrey? - try ChrisR who posts on this forum) for a 28kW Vaillant and a decent installation. Even more if the boiler has to be relocated due to condensing boiler flue requirements.

wow! - I thought with there being a combi already in place (in bathroom btw on outside wall) it wouldn't be a big big job to fit...

Best get saving... :cry:

Chris R?

He's on holiday at the moment but is based in Surrey and i a very good installer. His email will be contained in his profile on this forum.

Sponsored Links
Flow switches,cheep fix untill you commit to another ............

I increased the pressure a bit yesterday (now just under 1.5 bar cold) and it hasn't cut out (needed to be reset) since....could that have made a difference?

Would it have had any effect on the flow switch?

Thanks for all of your replies.

KP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back