Another MILEstone

Remember the days when you started your car, and were almost pleasantly surprised that it actually kicked into life? The next conk-out never seemed far away. It doesn't seem that many years ago, at least in my recollection.
That's me cursed now!
I was always delighted too - and found myself talking to the car, saying thanks to Daisy the car when it did start! Talking to inanimate objects...

Sponsored Links
I think I'd have got ****ed off doing this more than once or twice and ditched the old one.

The only real failure we had with the Honda was the battery. I reckon the car had been hanging around in the dealer unsold and the battery just wore out.

It would hold a charge enough to start it, but if you sat with the engine off and the radio on for more than a few minutes, it would go flat.:eek:

We've got a decent Bosch S6 now. Fantastic bit of kit!

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/passenger-batteries/s6-high-performance-batteries

Sponsored Links
I had a car like that once. It was a rover SD1, and the battery kept going flat for no apparent reason. In the end, I kept a spare charged battery in the boot, and got a dab hand at changing it in the dark.

I had a Renault company car which went through 5 litres of oil every couple of months, yet Renault couldn't find anything up with it.........

Back