Another misleading and useless video!

From this side of the pond, one I posted in the international area earlier

I am guessing that dispite liking things which are quick, automatic, loud and over the top... That using a power screwdriver to do up terminal is frowned upon over there too?

Sponsored Links
I've seen that video. And if I can say this without seeming callous wrt Eric's injury, with any luck if he puts his hand in front of tools like that then before long the tool will go through his hand and put a stop to his antics.

I am guessing that dispite liking things which are quick, automatic, loud and over the top... That using a power screwdriver to do up terminal is frowned upon over there too?
It's also frowned upon to have no idea what you're doing to the extent that the light which was formally controlled by the switch he removed will no longer work at all, and that depending upon which way round he connected the two white wires, either the new receptacle won't work or the new switch will put a dead short across the supply when closed.

Sponsored Links
Feel sorry for him can't really sack your wife! Also the website says he had the business before she did the 2 months training so should have been going for at least 10 years?

Her t-shirt says she's an NICEIC domestic installer, not an approved electrician, and her videos fit very well with my experience of domestic installers.

Her t-shirt says she's an NICEIC domestic installer, not an approved electrician

But he t-shirt gives the impression that she is a approved/qualified electrician. Also see this and look at the Scheme Requirments, under that you will see one of the requirements is: "Certificates of technical qualifications achieved by the Qualified Supervisor".

It's also frowned upon to have no idea what you're doing to the extent that the light which was formally controlled by the switch he removed will no longer work at all, and that depending upon which way round he connected the two white wires, either the new receptacle won't work or the new switch will put a dead short across the supply when closed.

True... however one would have had to actually watch the video to have got those those issues :whistle:

The reason for the cut off wire may well be because although she talked about it - she didn't actually cut the power off in the video!

From Which Local

Good Afternoon Mr Green,

Thank you for your emails regarding our video content. We will be investigating accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Tom Arnold
Senior Community Executive
Which? Local & Trusted Trader Member Services

From Which Local

Good Afternoon Mr Green,

Thank you for your emails regarding our video content. We will be investigating accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Same:

Good Afternoon Mr Veares,

Thank you for your email. We'll investigate accordingly.

Kind Regards,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back