Another misleading and useless video!

Yes, I still have and use a turntable.
Completely off the topic at hand, but I have a sizeable (several thousand) collection of LP's, 45's, EP's, and 78's, so I'm certainly planning on continuing to use them for the rest of my days. :)

Sponsored Links
I've got two.

My main daily Driver is a Technics SL-1200 Mk2 with a LP Gear Zupreme Headshell coupled together with a Audio Technica AT-150MLX cartridge/stylus. Also got a old semi-automatic self return and a fully Automatic turntable that are part of old JVC Hi-Fi systems. Fully automatic ones needs repairing, both JVC's need new stylus's.

My amp is a Denon PMA-720AE with Monitor Audio BX2 speakers. (Also got the matching Denon CD player (DCD-720AE) and Network streamer (DNP-720AE))

Completely off the topic at hand, but I have a sizeable (several thousand) collection of LP's, 45's, EP's, and 78's, so I'm certainly planning on continuing to use them for the rest of my days.

I have about 250 LP's and about 50 45's; currently listing to Joan Armatrading's Walking Under Ladders album. Some of my albums I have had since I was a child, and they are certainly staying with me for life. Vinyl albums are so cheap in charity shops compared to albums of online stores like iTunes, etc...

Sponsored Links
Wot's the difference? I have a fair number of 7" (I think) 45s, but I call them EPs!
EP = Extended Play - More than one track per side, as opposed to the 45-rpm "single." Most EP's are also 45-rpm discs, but there were some 33-1/3-rpm 7-inch records made. Some manufacturers also called those EP's while some called them mini-LP's.

Then there are 12" 45s, and a good one of those played on a good system will make a CD fan weep, and an MP3 download user utterly confused.

Or one long track.
I forgot to mention those! One long track was also common on some 10 & 12" LP's for soundtrack albums, long medleys etc.

Then there are 12" 45s, and a good one of those played on a good system will make a CD fan weep, and an MP3 download user utterly confused.
A later (1950's era) 78 in good condition and played on decent equipment, perhaps with a little filtering, will blow away an MP3.

Agree, sometimes I question my self why I even by music of iTunes when I already have it on Vinyl.

12" 45's :D, Got a few of those including one of my favourites; Spandau Ballet's - Through the barricades. Now 7" 45" singles were not allways the best in quality as quite a lot were pressed on styrene rather than vinyl and were cut loudly in favour for JukeBoxes.

I worked with someone once whose parents had run a pub, and he had 1000's of 45s from the pub's jukebox - whenever the rep turned up with new records he never took the old ones away.

He bought himself a jukebox...

Wot's the difference? I have a fair number of 7" (I think) 45s, but I call them EPs!
EP = Extended Play - More than one track per side, as opposed to the 45-rpm "single." Most EP's are also 45-rpm discs, but there were some 33-1/3-rpm 7-inch records made. Some manufacturers also called those EP's while some called them mini-LP's.
I totally messed up my question!! I obviously wasn't talking about 45 rpm 'singles', of which I have countless. I don't know what my mind was up to when I typed, but I meant to ask about 7" 33 rpm ones, of which I have quite a few (mainly with two tracks per side, occasionally more and sometimes just one long track), and have always called "EPs". However, I guess you have answered the question I meant to ask, by mentioning 7" 45 rpm "EPs".

Kind Regards, John

I meant to ask about 7" 33 rpm ones, of which I have quite a few (mainly with two tracks per side, occasionally more and sometimes just one long track)
I have quite a few as well. They seemed to be popular with some of the smaller/cheaper labels in the 1960's to release about half a dozen songs on a 7-inch disc. They were certainly common enough that by the late 1960's some of Garrard's turntables which had the combined manual speed/size selector arrangement included the 33-rpm/7-inch combination (even though they'd dropped 33-rpm/10-inch!).

The Utube link does not really show if official Which or just an advert for her firm.

The logo on the video shows a question mark with the dot on top.
The 'Which?' website shows the dot at the bottom in the conventional way.

http://www.which.co.uk/about-which/

Yes, the website shows the dot on the bottom, but with that particular logo, they are all on the top.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...Q_AUoAWoVChMIhdeHldvjyAIVA10UCh10aACS&dpr=1.5

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back