Another MP stabbed - Sir David Amess in Leigh-on-Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really shocking comments in this forum, how some will grab a sad headline and weaponise it to use against immigration.

yes I am with you on this caper

Bloke was not an immigrant :sneaky:
He was from Somalia
And apparently radicalised in the UK

incidentally you seem to be making a slightly better fist of your ID now ;)

have you been reading the French government issued spy manual
The in cognito chapter :ROFLMAO:

it was issued after the New Zealand caper ;)

Sponsored Links
What saddens me is, although the rhetoric is always 'we won't let them win' ... gradually they are winning. Yes in ways that might seem relatively unimportant, however no matter how you look at it, it's a gradual erosion of freedoms we've taken for granted. From relatively innocuous things like having to put barriers up to protect everything from funfairs to London Bridge, to more contentious things like upping surveillance, cameras etc.

Perhaps this is too simplistic a way to look at things, however surely there's a debate to be had around the different societal values of the west compared to some other countries. So when people from said countries settle here, whether first generation or beyond, a small proportion of those people can be predisposed, either through their own beliefs and/or radicalisation, to essentially hate everything the west and democratic countries stand for?

I'm not liking what I'm seeing across the world these days, in many ways we seem to be going backwards not forwards.

Ah, so you expect people who come here to adapt to our 'values' (whatever they are), and yet admit you can't do the same in reverse...

I expect them to respect our Values.
Adapting may not be in his or their nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I have been reading the contributions on here and I am disgusted at how some of you are jumping on the bandwagon to spew racist hatred. You are like volcanoes spewing lava; so much hate and bitterness bubbling out of you.

My heart goes out to the MP and his family, but you can’t blame the whole immigrant community for a despicable act committed by one. He is in custody and justice will be served.

So calm down.

But players taking the knee can blame the white man in stands for a few idiots on line. Or an entire police force can be blamed for a few corrupt officers...

However I do agree with you.

But players taking the knee can blame the white man in stands for a few idiots on line. Or an entire police force can be blamed for a few corrupt officers...

Absolutely not ok and I agree with you, but if the white man in the stands boos to players taking the knee then I can’t speak for the players; but I for one would blame them, because it’s disrespectful. I am sure nobody blames the whole police force but as they are in a position of power you can understand why people are questioning what we would do if we ever found ourselves in a similar situation to Sarah Everard.

Some find "taking the knee", or women wearing hijabs, or people sitting in the road to stop the traffic, disrespectful to them.

Disapproving of the behaviour doesn't mean one wants the people shot, or is racist, or a climate change denier.

Bloke was not an immigrant :sneaky:
He was from Somalia
And apparently radicalised in the UK
We can assume he wasn't an immigrant, as he is described as British. We have been told he has Somalian heritage, but we don't know how far back that goes. Whether he's second generation or umpteenth generation.
You're assuming he was radicalised. If he was radicalised you assume it was in the UK.

I have no idea what your other comments are about, but as you don't know the difference between gender identity crisis and avoiding paying the bills, I think I can safely assume it's typical gibberish.

Perhaps this is too simplistic a way to look at things, however surely there's a debate to be had around the different societal values of the west compared to some other countries. So when people from said countries settle here, whether first generation or beyond, a small proportion of those people can be predisposed, either through their own beliefs and/or radicalisation, to essentially hate everything the west and democratic countries stand for?
That's right, prejudice is taught in the home. I do believe you've got it. But it doesn't only apply to 'them', it applies to you too.

However I do agree with you.
Don't be silly, no-one is suggesting that players are blaming, 'the white man in the stands'. When a 'white man in the stands' displays prejudice they are often identified and punished accordingly.
Taking the knee is a protest against general prejudice in the whole of society.

Are you saying that no one should ever be disrespectful, even if some things do not deserve respect?

In other words just keep quiet no matter what happens.
Did I say that? No I didn’t, but we are talking about George Floyd a human being (he was not a thing) as you quote, disproportionate force was used; absolutely no need to kneel on his neck; he was handcuffed; he wasn’t going anywhere; the policeman responsible is rotting in jail; he is now going to be separated from his family; There are no winners in hate only losers.

My post was on a general matter of disrespect as you said people should not do what they did because it was disrespectful.

I did not call Floyd a thing.

In any case the gesture of kneeling and BLM started long before Floyd, so are the football players kneeling for BLM the general movement, BLM the Marxist organisation or just for Floyd?
What would happen to a player who did not want to kneel? Would he be disrespected?

Incidentally the American football player who started the kneeling gesture lost his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back