Another shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The right to bear arms was logical when America was a new nation in a country where people lived on the frontier and there was no law and order and you had to protect your family and property.
The automatic assault rifle had not yet been invented and it would have been very difficult to carry out a mass shooting with just a single shot muzzle loader.

Times have moved on.
It was more of threats from abroad. Like England and tea parties.

Americas violent criminals would probably be like their UK comrades if they couldn't get a gun they would probably be armed with a knife. Should they be banned as well?
They should be controlled, yes. We control knives in the UK. Teens can't buy them. You can't carry them in public.

But, there's never been a case of a teenager stabbing 20 people to death, so not really the same as automatic guns and assault rifles.

Sponsored Links
When the have looked at controls they appear to try and describe assault rifles. I've seen mention of having pistol grips also muzzle covers - the idea of those is to leave something cold to hold when the barrel gets hot. What they don't appear to do is just ban slr's. The pistols they sell use the same mechanism.

Looks like they are blaming the police who attended. Listening to the whole speech I'd be inclined to say hang on a minute. Anyway that is not an answer to the basic problem.

The demo at the NRA convention is huge.

When the have looked at controls they appear to try and describe assault rifles. I've seen mention of having pistol grips also muzzle covers - the idea of those is to leave something cold to hold when the barrel gets hot. What they don't appear to do is just ban slr's. The pistols they sell use the same mechanism.

Looks like they are blaming the police who attended. Listening to the whole speech I'd be inclined to say hang on a minute. Anyway that is not an answer to the basic problem.

The demo at the NRA convention is huge.

I can understand parents desperate frustration at the police tactics but it seems they were in a stand-off after the event, kept at bay by the shooter who'd already done the deed. Any attempt to storm the school would've led to a firefight where the chance of more children being hit was high, and further loss of life inevitable. They tackled parents who tried to approach the building in order to save lives and from where i'm sitting, find it impossible to judge their actions as cowardice or negligence.

The main "mistake" seems to be early on. The bloke speaking was shuffling papers and not being that clear. The shooter had loads of magazines. There were 100 shots before he went into the school. He hid when a policeman arrived and the policeman saw some one that turned out to be a teacher. A number of police would have problems with some one with an AR15 hiding amongst cars.

He then went into the school. Sounds like he went into a classroom and locked the door. There was shooting. They can tell from soudtracks from cameras. Crowd controls and getting kids out when more arrived. Mention of thinking the deed was done. They waited for tactical to arrive who used a key to open the door, It sounds like there was some shooting while waiting. There was mention of a time line of 911 calls from kids in the school. The speaker did say ok with hindsight but when asked directly after the talk said yes they should have done something entirely different.

That's my take on the speech anyway but it was poorly done and there was mention of the bloke being in tears or near that. He was towards the end.

Trump is at the NRA meeting - no guns allowed in there because he is present. A BBC reporter interviewed some people in power in the area about gun control - waste of time. Just evasive answers.

The issue is the guns falling into the wrong hands fruit cakes and criminals
If only law abiding sensible people had guns than things could be different ????
Same as the Uk if we had gun owners ship
I sincerely hope the UK never goes down the path of making gun ownership more accessible to the masses. No system of checks can ever be full-proof and just because someone ticks all the required boxes doesn't necessarily mean they are suited to gun ownership. Today's law abiding citizen could be tomorrow's unhinged citizen.

Think of all the situations we see here in the UK where tempers fray. Imagine if there were guns thrown into the mix. No thanks.

The USA has got itself in a right pickle where the solution seems to be 'let's introduce MORE guns into the mix.' Trump and Cruz are saying schools need more armed guards, armed teachers, bullet proof doors etc.

What a nice environment to be growing up in ... not.

What a crazy thing to say.

Screenshot_20220528-132128-529.png

I reckon she's made herself even more of a target saying that.

A bit hard for the victims to forgive anyone seeing as they're dead :cry:

Yes shoot him ..... unless he's exempt due to to efnic diversity or ski colour.

I reckon she's made herself even more of a target saying that.

A bit hard for the victims to forgive anyone seeing as they're dead :cry:

I agree, it is hard.
Probably the hardest thing you could ask anyone to do after he murder of a child - but i think the mother is asking for their forgiveness, too. She must be feeling so guilty right now, and deserves compassion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back