Another shower pump question :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right guys,

The Salamander CT-75 shower pump I'm fitting this weekend arrived yesterday, I've got it out the box and had a look and I've got a question.

Which 2 are the inlets? and which are the outlets? or doesn't it matter?? :eek:

There's no direction as to which way round to pipe it? so can it pump either direction??

I'm guessing the 2 on the front are inlets, and the 2 on the top are outlets... but how do i tell?

CT75_xxl.jpg

Thanks in advance!

David. ;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
hehe.

So have you just figured it out yourself by trying? How did u find out in the first place?

hehe.

So have you just figured it out yourself by trying? How did u find out in the first place?

hope i haven't been guessing all these yrs.

from seeing them installed, fitting other makes of pump, reading instructions etc.
grs4.gif

It's a bit daft that it's not in the salamander instructions.

Also, in my instructions in the commisioning section it says fit the inline filters after flushing - Well were are these?? Do i have to take them out first or is this only with some of the other model pumps?

Cheers

It's a bit daft that it's not in the salamander instructions.

it is really if you look at the drawings on installing.

Also, in my instructions in the commisioning section it says fit the inline filters after flushing - Well were are these?? Do i have to take them out first or is this only with some of the other model pumps?

Cheers
they are in the end of the hoses.
take them out or you could clog the filters before you start.
and fit full bore isolation valves to the supply and outlets so you can isolate the pump and remove in the future without draining the whole system.

18591.jpg

gros10-1.gif

Thanks for all your help :)

I've already bought some gate valves to isolate the suply pipes, as i'd already read about the full bore bit ;)

Thanks again.

Thanks for all your help :)

I've already bought some gate valves to isolate the suply pipes, as i'd already read about the full bore bit ;)

Thanks again.
Most gate valves arn't full bore; the lever valve shown by Seco is!

The gate valves that I've got look full bore :eek: :confused:
Look down the end into the centre where the gate is located; if it's not the same diameter all the way through (as the pipe olive) it isn't full bore!

Close enough full bore. Alot better than standard iso valves, also the pump inlets are 15mm, so as long as they're close to the pump, shouldn't make a difference (I hope) ;)

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

Agreed, that’s better than most & it won’t matter if your pump inlets are reducing down to 15mm. The only true full bore valves I know of are the gas approved lever ball valves, as shown by seco. the central section is little more than the pipe thickness. Rather more expensive but you don’t have to pay the stupid prices your local plumb store will rob you of; they also look a damn site more attractive & are easier to operate than gate valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back