Another Spanish quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically saying it's safe to go.
It probably was at the time they said it but it’s a fluid situation with cases suddenly doubling every day. What’s the government supposed to do, say nothing to save face until it gets really bad and lots more have gone out there? When would have been ok? Tuesday? Thursday? Next Friday? By imposing it now, it’s effectively stopped lots more people travelling out there where it is spiking and probably saved a a good few lives too both for those that are out there and those that could have had it passed on to them from those who have been abroad. As I said earlier, they are damned if they do and they are damned if they don’t.

Sponsored Links
It probably was at the time they said it but it’s a fluid situation with cases suddenly doubling every day. What’s the government supposed to do, say nothing to save face until it gets really bad and lots more have gone out there? When would have been ok? Tuesday? Thursday? Next Friday? By imposing it now, it’s effectively stopped lots more people travelling out there where it is spiking and probably saved a a good few lives too both for those that are out there and those that could have had it passed on to them from those who have been abroad. As I said earlier, they are damned if they do and they are damned if they don’t.
Not really the point I was making, but yes, run with it!

Sponsored Links
Shutting things down now is the sensible choice. Hopefully insurance and travel companies will allow refunds to the last minute cancellees. Reopening international travel was always going to be painful and it's going to stay that way for the rest of the year imo

I know a young couple who went out there last week.
Both work in the NHS.
They were strongly advised not to go. But they knew best.

My Brother in Law was due to go out to family villa on 31st. Not going now. EasyJet are allowing people who don’t want to go, either credit vouchers or rebook onto different flights at a later date.

I bet the same people will now complain about the speed of this decision. Can’t win, can they?
I think it's indicative of the inconsistency of this government.
When it's OK to be urgent because it doesn't inconvenience many, the government take their time and give weeks of notice before implementing the policy.
When an immediate introduction of some measure would inconvenience a lot of people, whereas a little bit of notice would allow those people to take alternative avoidable measure, the government introduce the measures immediately.
Examples,
the enforced wearing of masks, could be effected more or less immediately, but the government gave about two weeks notice.
Quarantining after return from Spain will inconvenience many, with 4 hours notice! Who can possibly make alternative arrangements in four hours?

My Brother in Law was due to go out to family villa on 31st. Not going now. EasyJet are allowing people who don’t want to go, either credit vouchers or rebook onto different flights at a later date.
Are they not allowed a refund? 2 weeks isolation ruled by the gov is surely something that people can't help/have much of a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back