Another Spanish quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I thought you thought this whole virus was rubbish/overblown?

Airplanes are the problem.
They brought it in originally and still are.

But yes, I'd be mostly of the same opinion as Ant Middleton.
Going to kick him out of the cadets now because he upset the blm brigade.
The blacks and the snowflakes need a spell with him on the scottish highlands and he would teach them what equality is.

Last edited:
Airplanes are the problem.
They brought it in originally and still are.

But yes, I'd be mostly of the same opinion as Ant Middleton.
Going to kick him out of the cadets now because he upset the blm brigade.
The blacks and the snowflakes need a spell with him on the scottish highlands and he would teach them what equality is.
So you admit there is a problem?

(I will ignore the rest of your post as it seems to be a bit off on a tangent).

Sponsored Links
Maybe an ulterior motive by the government to encourage/persuade people to staycation.
Ooh, it's a conspiracy theory :LOL:
Or perhaps, just perhaps, Spain's covid cases are starting to creep up, almost triple in the last 3 weeks.

Ooh, it's a conspiracy theory :LOL:
Or perhaps, just perhaps, Spain's covid cases are starting to creep up, almost triple in the last 3 weeks.
Call it what you like.
Spain's Covid cases are creeping up only in one main area, so why apply the measure to other places. That doesn't make sense.
But this does:
Government to call on Britons to holiday at home
Staycations urged to help domestic tourist industry recover from effects of shutdown
https://www.ft.com/content/cdecc595-0e35-4d79-ac1c-a428cc5494f8

Spain pushes for islands to be excluded from UK quarantine
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...rant-shapps-quarantine-british-holidaymakers/
What better way to encourage staycation than to create anxiety over holidays abroad?

Last edited:
Call it what you like.
Spain's Covid cases are creeping up only in one main area, so why apply the measure to other places. That doesn't make sense.
But this does:
Government to call on Britons to holiday at home
Staycations urged to help domestic tourist industry recover from effects of shutdown
https://www.ft.com/content/cdecc595-0e35-4d79-ac1c-a428cc5494f8

Spain pushes for islands to be excluded from UK quarantine
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...rant-shapps-quarantine-british-holidaymakers/
What better way to encourage staycation than to create anxiety over holidays abroad?
We can all find headlines to suit.

I will go to the governments website itself.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...sk-countries-in-time-for-holidays-this-summer

It's so keen on staycation that it says things like:

"Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said:

Today marks the next step in carefully reopening our great nation. Whether you are a holidaymaker ready to travel abroad or a business eager to open your doors again, this is good news for British people and great news for British businesses"

He added

"The entire nation has worked tirelessly to get to this stage, therefore safety must remain our watch word and we will not hesitate to move quickly to protect ourselves if infection rates rise in countries we are reconnecting with".

As I said, not a conspiracy theory, merely the government has reacted to the rising infection rate in Spain. It makes perfect sense - to all but you it seems.

We can all find headlines to suit.

As I said, not a conspiracy theory, merely the government has reacted to the rising infection rate in Spain. It makes perfect sense - to all but you it seems.
And we all can remember the underhanded methods that this government has exploited to avoid public and parliamentary scrutiny.
I don't think the leopard has changed its spots so soon.
It would be really weird if the government used lies and spin (including lies to the Queen) to avoid such scrutiny, then all of sudden it's behaving perfectly normally and properly.
I just don't believe it.

And we all can remember the underhanded methods that this government has exploited to avoid public and parliamentary scrutiny.
I don't think the leopard has changed its spots so soon.
It would be really weird if the government used lies and spin (including lies to the Queen) to avoid such scrutiny, then all of sudden it's behaving perfectly normally and properly.
I just don't believe it.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Grasping at straws or what?!! So you think the gov allowed/promoted quarantine-free travel from the 10th July to Spain, decided that they've changed their minds in secret, then decided to ruin all those people who've gone to Spain's holiday and 2 weeks of working lives (not to mention buggering about airlines already struggling) just to promote a staycation. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ah well, that's the problem with conspiracy theorists, they don't believe logic or proof. Or.. that you're just plain old talking nonsense and again, you just can't ever admit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Define "vaccine" ; I don't expect to see one that will be effective and long - lasting for years, if not decades.

“The primary benefit of vaccination will be to prevent severe disease,” says Subbarao. A COVID-19 vaccine is unlikely to achieve what scientists call “sterilizing immunity,” which prevents disease altogether.

Better off to define what acceptable outcome you want - you may not eradicate it but you could significantly reduces its impact.

For the umpteenth time), THIS ISN'T FLU!

I completely agree, but you posted this....."I don't expect to see one that will be effective and long lasting for years, if not decades."

I was just pointing out that a flu vaccine is administered yearly, as would a Covid 19 vaccine.

But I have just realized your statement can be read 2 ways..........:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back