Another Spanish quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I think it is indicative of the consistency of your criticism of the govt that you whinge whatever they do.
I may at times be slightly critical of this government.

On masks however, I don't see they've done anything wrong.....yes there are inconsistencies on the rules, but there's a limit how many situations they can cover.

I do get fed up with people saying they are being muzzled and it's an infringement of liberty -FFS it's a collective effort, it's only wearing a mask, get over it people.

Sponsored Links
Ah well, that's the problem with conspiracy theorists, they don't believe logic or proof.
You haven't provided any logic or proof to dispute my hypothesis. All you've provided is an allegation that my suspicion is a conspiracy theory, based on your belief that, all of a sudden, the government is behaving in everyone's best interest. My suspicion is only a suspicion because I haven't provided any proof for it. It's just a suspicion, therefore it has no basis for labeling as a conspiracy theory.
And your usual resort to petty insults.
My hypothesis is based on empirical evidence of the recent history of the behaviour of the UK government.
I don't accept that they are capable of a sudden change in direction or in whose interest they serve.

Yet despite you having to agree with all the evidence of the recent underhanded behaviour of the government, you prefer to believe that all of a sudden, they have everyone's interest at heart.
I'm not so naive.
We're talking about someone who takes their wife and child on a 500 mile round trip, while worrying about being seriously ill, then drives for 40 miles to test their eyesight, then tries to explain it as acceptable behaviour, then it's supported by his boss, the PM, despite a countrywide outpouring of scorn.
A government that has been slow to react in other situations, a government that was ill-prepared for a global pandemic despite numerous and bountiful warnings.

Or.. that you're just plain old talking nonsense and again, you just can't ever admit it.
Why do you always find the need to resort to silly insults?
Are you not capable of sensible, calm, polite discussion?

Or make Spain realise how important the UK will be to them after Brexit.

So don't p¡ss us off¡!!!!!
So Brexit, and pressure on EU, and internal subsequent support or opposition to the UK government, is more important than the health of the people?

That would be another possibility. But I'm not convinced this government has the ability to see that far in advance.
After all, one of them did not realize the importance of Dover Port, and another awarded a ferry contract to a company with no ferries, and the PM was making a point of shaking hands with as many people as possible despite WHO advice to the contrary, and another drove 40 miles to test his eyesight, and another agreed he would do the same.
And collectively they claimed that they'd been following scientific advice throughout, despite subsequent evidence to the contrary.

To be fair, if you think Stff's comments are silly insults and that they are impolite, I think your bar is very low.

To be fair, if you think Stff's comments are silly insults and that they are impolite, I think your bar is very low.
Any claim or accusation of anything without suitable evidence to support is a silly insult and adds nothing to the discussion. It serves merely to descend the discussion into several rounds of ever worsening insults.

E.g. "that you're just plain old talking nonsense and again, you just can't ever admit it."

You haven't provided any logic or proof to dispute my hypothesis. All you've provided is an allegation that my suspicion is a conspiracy theory, based on your belief that, all of a sudden, the government is behaving in everyone's best interest. My suspicion is only a suspicion because I haven't provided any proof for it. It's just a suspicion, therefore it has no basis for labeling as a conspiracy theory.
My hypothesis is based on empirical evidence of the recent history of the behaviour of the UK government.
I don't accept that they are capable of a sudden change in direction or in whose interest they serve.

Yet despite you having to agree with all the evidence of the recent underhanded behaviour of the government, you prefer to believe that all of a sudden, they have everyone's interest at heart.
I'm not so naive.
We're talking about someone who takes their wife and child on a 500 mile round trip, while worrying about being seriously ill, then drives for 40 miles to test their eyesight, then tries to explain it as acceptable behaviour, then it's supported by his boss, the PM, despite a countrywide outpouring of scorn.
A government that has been slow to react in other situations, a government that was ill-prepared for a global pandemic despite numerous and bountiful warnings.

Aww.. using your own words to me yesterday...
that's a silly thing to say.

Oh, I am sorry if you think that's impolite and an insult, I am merely using your own low bar :LOL:

I'm not so naive.

:LOL: morning all not been on here for a while to find the usual lovers tiff going on.

Bobby you are very capable of chucking in disparaging comments in a very condescending fashion we know you ;)

My suspicion is only a suspicion because I haven't provided any proof for it. It's just a suspicion, therefore it has no basis for labeling as a conspiracy theory.

It's 'labelling' by the way.

You're making stuff up, you're sounding paranoid and you're talking nonsense. Quit while you're behind for once eh?

Bobby you are very capable of chucking in disparaging comments in a very condescending fashion we know you ;)
Ha ha, he will never ever admit it. He won't ever admit fault, be it the nonsense theories he makes up out of thin air, or that he insults others. Did you not know that Himmy in Himmy world is perfect? Even being banned several times isn't his fault :LOL:

That, my dear fellow, is what you call an opinion.
Yes, but it's an ad hominem attack based on a presumptive opinion, which is unnecessary and unhelpful.
It usually signifies the lack of a coherent argument and an imminent descent into further and more serious insults.

Sadly some posters are not only more liable to such tactics than others, but it's consistent and persistent.

Don't make the mistake in thinking everyone does the same as you.
I don't and that's a silly thing to say.
Aww.. using your own words to me yesterday...
Oh, I am sorry if you think that's impolite and an insult, I am merely using your own low bar
It was a comment on your usual persistent and consistent ad hominem attacks.
It wasn't based on a presumptive opinion, it was an opinion based on easily producible evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back