Another wet Sunday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We usually like to go to a couple of Boot Sales on a Sunday. Cannot even rush the dinner because the GP isn't on until 6:00pm. I don't know what to do now, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Yeah. I'm pee'd off as well. I'm finishing off the roof on the extension, mortaring the hip / ridge tiles. I had to finish at 2.00pm yesterday 'cos of the rain. No chance today. Rain started at 8.00am and looks like it's here for rest of the day. I thought I'd get at least a good morning's work in today.
I want to get the extension weatherproof and secure so I can bugger off back to France. I'm only about two months behind schedule. It's a good job I'm a DIYer and not a proper builder.

Sponsored Links
Yeah. I'm pee'd off as well. I'm finishing off the roof on the extension, mortaring the hip / ridge tiles. I had .

Doesn't count, sorry

Too wet for car boot? why not drive to the tip and watch people throw there rubbish away you could have bought.

We did that years ago to furnish a house we put up for sale. It was good fun and worked well.

I did watch the GP because it was wet. The TT this week has been really good, a lot better than GP.

Top Gear at 7:00 should be very funny with Clarkson driving around in a three wheeler.

Yes, its raining. At least in June, the rain is a bit warmer. The garden's perked up too.

And to those missing out on car boots...............every cloud has a silver lining! ;)

Missus was complaining about the weather this afternoon.... I just told her,, Wimbledon's around the corner,,, what do you expect. !!!!!!!!!!!

PS, Can't wait till tomorrow when the farmers are all on tv , complaining that the rain was too wet, to be of any use to the crops that are too dry. WTF will they think of next? ;) ;) ;) ;)

I actually stopped sanding down a wall to watch the GP (I know, tough decision). How boring???? Race called off sat and watched the rain on the telly for what seemed like hours. I can watch the rain from my own window!

Did the race ever finish? I gave up after an hour of watching men in high visibility jackets 'brushing' the rain away....bless 'em.

dunno, it's probably just me, but having been in this country all my 40 odd years, the rain can't really be a shock can it? i think people should make the most (or the moist if you have big fingers !!)... anyway, why not get out into the country for a walk.... get a coat on, you aint gonna freeze to death.... look at mother nature coping excellently in the same conditions we hide from.... the Lakes, the Peaks, Snowdonia - i'm sure we all live near some nice scenery... find a pub, grab a sneaky beer/guinness/carvery....

then get home, get a warm bath if required and then tell everyone at work tomorrow what a fantastic weekend you had.... trust me, it p155es most people off in the office !!!

Don't feel so bad now after seeing Button win the GP :)

At least watching the extended version, extended your weekend somewhat? :D

Can you imagine the highlights people, trying to compound 2 hours gap, but express it correctly? I found the interviews in the gap more insightful, and more informal than the access normally given, gave a better edge to the world of f1. Excellent! Better than a few hours of Tennis infill.

Efffing weather. I'm not sure whether to be more frustrated and angry with the weather or the forecasts.
Yesterday was supposed to be heavy rain all day, it didn't rain until 5.00pm and then it was only a bit. But I thought "Don't even bother to start", so did nowt yesterday.
Today was supposed to be light showers, so started with a barrow load of mortar and done a couple more ridge tiles, and it's now chucking it down. And it looks like it's here for the rest of the day! That's another day the roof isn't finished and a half a barrow of mortar to chuck away.

I've only got a couple of ridge tiles to mortar in and I can get on with guttering & windows/doors.

I can't believe how the weather this year has thrown my schedule so far out!

Sponsored Links
Back